Sunday, February 3, 2013

Mardi Gras Mambo

We took the kids to their first Mardi Gras parade yesterday. I know, you all probably can’t believe that. People are usually shocked that we live in Louisiana without going to local parades. It’s because I had some really interesting experiences (Read: NOT GOOD) at parades and I haven’t gone to one in over ten years.

Last year, I heard that there was a small local parade that was really kid friendly. We didn’t hear about it until after it passed, so we waited until this year to go. I’m really happy to say that we had a fantastic time at the Abita Push Mow parade.

My Photo Stream

It was funny when were waiting for the parade because the kids didn’t understand why we had to get there so early. They kept asking us if the parade was here yet. They didn’t understand that waiting is a huge part of the parade experience. You just sit around and hang out. Visiting with the eclectic folks on the route is entertainment in itself.

Before I go, I’d like to share a digital layout that I made a while ago when I was taking Jessica Sprague’s Photoshop Friday class.

Road Trip

Heather Landry Road

It doesn't take much to make us happy. We like to take mini road trips around our town to find new places to explore. On this day we took a nature walk in a local park. The photo ops made me happy, but my boy was just happy to dig in the dirt!

Supplies:
Cosmo Cricket Digital Collection Mr. Campy

Thank You copy

7 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loving the photos from the parade and loveeeeeeeeee your lo!! Those photos are precious and loving the colors and the tree!

Debbie P said...

How fun! We go to the Fiesta Bowl parade here once in awhile, and every time we do we say never again. The wait never seems worth it. And when I was younger, my son & I were almost trampled by a spooked horse, so I can relate to bad experiences! Love your layout! Love the photos! We like to explore new local places too! tfs

Cindy Gay said...

Love Road Trip and so much fun to go to the Mardi Gras!

Doreen Vasquez said...

Well since I think of drinking and flashing" for beads when I think of Mardi-Gras, I'm actually NOT surprised you haven't taken the kids to a Mardi Gras parade, LOL!
Okay, okay, I realize it's really not all that BAD!
Regardless, I am glad to see you found something fun and appropriate for your kids and it looks like they had a ball!

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

love your layouts as well as your super fun photos from the parade.

Cindy deRosier said...

Everything I've heard about Mardi Gras is NOT kid-friendly, so I'm glad you were able to find a local parade that was so awesome. LOVE that layout!

Fi said...

Love your road trip page, it has such an earthy feel to it with the colours you've chosen and I love the film strip of photos.