Sunday, February 17, 2013

Sketch/Template #32 Freebie

Hello everyone! I have another sketch and digital template to share. Please feel free to pin it, or save it to your computer for later use. If you are a digital scrapbooker, please scroll down for your template freebie.

HL_Free_Sketch_Template #32

This is my take on the sketch. I was so happy to see that the colors in the Simply Sweet February 2013 kit from The Sampler matched this older photo that I took of Alexis. I do a photo shoot of the kids every Spring just because I like to document how much they grow. When I scrap them, I document the things that have happened the year by going back on my blog and remembering the highlights of the year.

There are so many textures on this page. The background paper is covered in lace. I used a strip of ribbon along the bottom of the paper layers. I stitched the hearts and popped them up for dimension, and the Thickers have a fabric look as well. I altered the color by painting them with October Afternoon mist. The hearts and doilies are from the Paper Lace Cricut Cartridge.

HeatherLandry_StitchedHearts_Sampler

As usual, my design team made some amazing examples. I love my MMD Divas so much. They do a great job showing that you can use the sketch in many different ways.

Alison Krogsgaard

Ali K.

April Walker says: As soon as I saw this sketch I fell in LOVE with it!  I was really inspired by the circles and hearts and I knew it would be perfect for this picture of my daughter Madison.  Whenever she has bad dreams, she comes and climbs into bed with us and I just love snuggling with her and knowing she feels safe with us.  I want to be sure that I always remember that feeling.

April Walker

Ashley Walker (My newest DT member!) says: Supply List: ~Background Paper:  October Afternoon Modern Homemaker Cherry Pie & Clothespins, ~Recollections Boutique Fleur Rhinestone Embellishment, ~Ribbon from stash, ~KI Memories Puffies Blooms Red, and ~Wood letters from Michael's.

Ashley Walker

Melissa Birlem

HL_Sketch_Template32_MelissaBirlem

Lesley Walker says: For this layout I used Kaisercraft Paper 'Forget-Me-Not' Collection...flowers, give me as many flowery papers as you can and I'm happy, so I loved this line.  I stuck pretty much to the Sketch #32 design because I really love using hearts also and thought this was such an awesome design.  All papers are Kaiser other than the cardstock and I used a MS punch for the frame.

Lesley Walker

Marlene Murphy says: The photo really demanded a winter scene for a background and I thought this sketch using snowflakes instead of hearts would work just fine. Starting with white cardstock, I made the background with a Crafter's Workshop 12 x 12 template which I colored in the dark spots of the birch trees with grey then black chalk (leaving some of the grey for shadow).Then with the template still in place, Mr. Huey's Powder Blue spray mist was applied, heavier on top and graduating to very light on the bottom. I used a technique described in this video. Two of each snowflake (except the largest one) were cut with from pearl cardstock with a Circut (Winter Wonderland). The outside edges were chalked to provide definition then I added pop-dots to half of the flakes (bottom) and turned the top flakes a 1/4 turn before sticking over the pop dots to create a two dimensional effect. The brads were from my stash.  The background was a lot of fun to make, give it a try.

Marlene Murphy

Mitra Pratt says: Loved this sketch made by Heather. Thought it worked well to show case a photo I found on my phone the other day. THE MAN and I have always had a good time hanging out. I thought it might be fun to make a funny page using a photo taken a while back in our woods after a paint ball game. Of course, I tinted the photo a light pink and added lots of pink to make him squirm just a bit...A handmade heart and also a glittery folded flower helped complete it!

Mitra Pratt

Nancy Keslin

nancy keslin

Sandi Pressley

Sandi Pressley

Sharon Fritchman says: I have been going through my photos and love this one that I took in San Francisco on New Year's Day in 2011.  We took a family vacation to California and visited the places that John and I saw when we lived there right after getting married in 1990.  I loved using Heather's sketch and her example page, too, to scrap this photo and make my layout.

Sharon Fritchman

I don’t have a digital example this week because I was away in Disney World!

If you’re a digital scrapbooker and you’d like to download the free layered digital scrapbooking template that I created in Adobe Photoshop Elements, you can download it by clicking the link above. (Please respect my TOU.)

Thank You copy

8 comments:

Doreen Vasquez said...

So super cute, Heather! I'm going to use this sketch next time I scrap!!!!

Doreen Vasquez said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sharon Fritchey said...

Awesome sketch, Heather! And that's great news that you got to go to Disney World!!! YAy!!! I love all of the design teams' pages - I always marvel at how different, and beautiful, each page is made from the same sketch!

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

super cute sketch.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

love love love the sketch and LOVING what everyone created!! Beautiful! LOVING all the hearts!!!

Cindy Gay said...

You got lots of participation! Always love the pages about your family. Yes, parenting is a humbling, yet wonderful experience--best in life! Have a good week Heather!

Debbie P said...

What a load of eye candy! Love the hearts! Nice job!

Cindy deRosier said...

Adorable! Love seeing the variety.