Saturday, March 2, 2013

An Epic Adventure: Disney Day Five @ Animal Kingdom and Epcot

This the last post in my Disney series! We spent February 14, 2013 in the Animal Kingdom and Epcot parks. We started our morning at the Polynesian by eating a wonderful breakfast at the Kona Café. I took a photo of everyone waiting for our beeper to go off before we were seated.

IMG_9132

After breakfast, we headed to the Animal Kingdom. We stopped to visit a Photopass Photographer so we could get a family photo taken. I have to say, this may be my favorite photo from the entire trip. We were asked to growl at the photographer. It cracks me up!

5x7AllRawr

I enjoyed the scenery in the Animal Kingdom. This colorful boat really drew my eye. I wish that it hadn’t been raining because I wasn’t able to use my DSLR to take any of these photos. I didn’t have rain gear for it, and I wasn’t going to take a chance with my baby.

The girls begged to ride Expedition Everest even before we left on our trip. I was VERY worried about how Jordan would handle the ride due to her sensory issues. She did amazingly well! I took this photo while we were stopped at the top of the ride near the broken track. She looked at me and said, “Oooh Mommy, My tummy feels funny!” I got worried that she would throw up, but she told me is wasn’t funny like that… It was tickly funny. An adrenaline junkie was born on this ride!

DSC09574

Speaking of adrenaline junkies, Alexis loved every minute of it! She got really quiet at one point, and my brother-in-law asked her if she was okay. She was fine. She yelled her head off, and laughed like crazy!

Of course I bought the PhotoPass photos, so I was able to get this treasure. When I saw it, I died laughing! I’m hollering my head off and holding on to Jordan for dear life, Alexis looks scared half to death, Jordan looks like she’s just chilling, and Brian looks like it’s any other day. Too funny!

443976400062

It was awesomely scary and fast. When it stopped, Jordan started yelling AGAIN, AGAIN! Brian and I weren’t having it. We’re too old to do that more than one time in a row. Sheesh!

My in-laws wanted to watch the Finding Nemo show after that and I was pretty grateful for a chance to sit and calm down a bit. I was WAY amped up and so were the girls.

The show was absolutely beautiful! I couldn’t get over how well the costumes coordinated with fish puppets and the music was wonderful.

We had never ridden the Triceratops ride in Dinoland, so we hit that up next! Our entire family packed into one dinosaur, the girls were in the front and the boys in the back. We let Brandon control the ride since he couldn’t ride the Expedition Everest ride. He just bumped us along the bottom since he isn’t a big fan of heights.

I guess that’s why I was so surprised when he volunteered to go on the Primeval Whirl rollercoaster. He was really nervous when it started spinning, and there was one particular part where it dropped that he looked a bit freaked out. He managed to finish it without fussing, but he immediately stated that he would never ride it again.

Speaking of never riding something again, Jordan was feeling pretty good about her success in riding Expedition Everest. When Alexis asked to go on the Dinosaur ride, I warned Jordan that it was a pretty intense ride. She insisted that she could do it and said she wasn’t afraid, so Brian and I took her with us when we went. Big mistake!

443976400052

You can’t even see her in the photo above. The minute she saw the first dinosaur she flipped out and started crying. She buried her head in my lap and said, “No, no, no!” the entire time. I felt so bad for her! Even Alexis looks pretty terrified in the photo. It was a fun ride, but definitely not for Miss Jordan. I did my best to calm her down, but she wasn’t having any of it!

We took a break for lunch at the Rainforest Café after the ride. The food was good after we finally got it, but the wait time was insane. I know we spent over two hours in there!

Brandon wasn’t a big fan of the time we spent waiting so he laid down in my father-in-law’s lap and took a nap. He actually got a pretty decent nap in because we waited so long that there wasn’t anything to disturb him.

We have stopped at the Rainforest on every Disney trip we’ve ever taken, so it’s a tradition. The main reason we come is that my kids are obsessed with the Volcano dessert. Here’s Miss Jordan grinning as big as she possibly can while waiting to dig in!

We left the Animal Kingdom after lunch and headed back to the hotel so we could take the monorail to Epcot. I snapped a photo of the heathens in their ponchos waiting for the monorail to arrive.

Here it is! Did you know that each of the monorails has a different color along the bottom so they can keep track of which one is which? I learn something new every single time we go.

It was storming at Epcot, and we didn’t stay long because we wanted to be back at the Polynesian in time to watch the Magic Kingdom fireworks across the lagoon. I did manage to snap a pretty photo of Spaceship Earth.

The last thing we did in Epcot was very fitting. We finally found a place for the kids to have a character greeting with Mickey Mouse.

IMG_9176

We got back on the monorail, and after a brief mishap (getting on the wrong monorail) we made it back to the Polynesian just in time to watch our last night of fireworks from the balcony.

The entire trip was so memorable! Everyone had a great time, and I can’t wait to scrapbook our stories. Also, I am really glad to be done with editing and blogging the photos. It took me two weeks to get through everything. I guess that’s how you know you take entirely too many pictures?

Thank You copy

9 comments:

Debbie P said...

So fun! Love the Everest photos! We didn't get to see the Nemo show when we were there. We just didn't have enough time to get in everything. That volcano cake looks awesome!

Courtney said...

Looks like a fun ending to your trip.

Mel said...

Fantastic pics...they definitely make me want to plan a trip soon:) Off to the Disney site I go lol! Glad you had a great time! The Nemo show was my favorite of all time:)

Cindy deRosier said...

Very nice! Looks like a fun, BUSY, memorable vacation!

Cindy Gay said...

More great pictures Heather. Favorites are you on the Everest ride and Jordan and the volcano cake!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love love the photos!! SO fun!!!

Mitra Pratt said...

Ok, so confession time. I have photos from Peru that are not even close to being edited. I am still writing day two of our trip, which is really the first day, since day one was travel! You are WAY ahead of me! I am totally enjoying these posts and can't wait to see all the pages. Now, are you printing your posts for your book? I'm working through that in my head right now so my book "makes sense" to me.

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

what an exciting day.

Sharon Fritchey said...

So awesome!!!!!