Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Big Kid: March 2013 Hydrangea Hippo Kit

I'm totally excited to be able to share the projects that I made with the fun Pack Your Bags And Scoot Hydrangea Hippo March 2013 kit. I posted them on the Hydrangea Hippo blog a few weeks ago and now I get to share them here on my blog. I knew that the kit could go with many photos that I'd taken of Brandon over the years so I was super excited to start creating.

My first project wasn't a layout, I was inspired by the canvas bag that came in the kit. Brandon's birthday was a few weeks ago and I made this bag to wrap his present.

I sprayed the bag with mists and water to create an ombre effect. The tag was sprayed with cream mist so it would coordinate with the embellishments a bit more. The little cement truck is adhered with dimensional adhesive. I attached the tag to the bag with the lovely blue ribbon that came in the kit.

Birthday Packaging_Little Boy_Canvas Bag_Ombre
I absolutely fell in love with the fire truck patterned paper, so I based my first page around it. I used a photo of Brandon falling asleep on the floor in his bedroom. He's always been such a good boy. I never had to fuss at him to go to sleep, he was always tired and cooperative after his sippy cup. I thought the truck embellishments went really well with his vehicle patterned pajamas. 

Fire Truck_Scrapbook Page_Little Boy_Echo Park
My second layout features Brandon's favorite activity of all time. He absolutely loved the train table that Ronnie's sister bought the kids for Christmas one year. He would play trains all day long if I'd let him. After a while, I'd get tired of the clacking noises and I'd beg him to take a break. My favorite part of this design was my decision to use stars to add smoke to the top of the train's smoke stack.

Train Scrapbook Page_Circles_Little Boy_Echo Park
Last but not least, I created a page about Brandon's bout with a nasty upper respiratory infection. His doctor asked me to give him breathing treatments around the clock, and I was worried that he would throw a fit. I worried for nothing though because he didn't fuss once. In fact, he did a better job than Jordan does when she has to get them even now! 

I used a gel medium to make the blue, starry paper look glossy. I was going for a night sky look because he was wearing his pajamas during his last treatment before bedtime. 

Helicopter Layout_Clouds_Sick Kid_Echo Park
Don't forget to check out the Pack Your Bags And Scoot kit in the Hydrangea Hippo Etsy store for more details and inspiration.

3 comments:

Mitra Pratt said...

Great job! I love that you are documenting a time he was sick! Great kit! He must have LOVED that bag! Cool beaners!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

You know I loveeeeeeeeee these!! So fabulous! LOVING the colors!!!

Cindy Gay said...

All neat boy pages!