Saturday, March 16, 2013

Feeling A Bit Prickly

I’ve been sick all week. I started feeling bad Sunday night after church and I’ve spent the entire week trying to rest so I could feel better. I’ve taken naps and done breathing treatments. I promise, I’ve been a good girl!

I started feeling a bit better on Friday and the kids were out of school so we decided to venture out into nature to see what trouble we could get into. We visited the Northlake Nature Center and saw turtles swimming in the swamp. (No alligators this time!)

_MG_9593

I brought my camera because I wanted to capture a few photos of Brandon for his six year old portraits. I swear, every time I turn around he’s grown two inches taller. Stinker!

5x7Bubba6YOPortrait

We also saw this very prickly scene. There were several bees swarming on a very sharp, HUGE thistle plant. It was probably at least three feet tall. Jordan told me to quit taking pictures before I got stung. She had a point, I had to get really close because I had my 50mm lens on my camera. I didn’t get stung though!

Ouch5x7

We also went to Fountainbleau State Park so the kids could play in the sand. I didn’t think it would be warm enough to wade, but the kids just rolled up their pants and headed in.

_MG_9604

Alexis loves wading in the water but she’s always willing to take a break so she can pose for a photo. I stayed on the beach because by this time my chest felt tight and I could tell I was spiking a fever again.

_MG_9621

I let them play for a while longer and we headed home so I could take another breathing treatment. I was miserable for the rest of the night and I’ve paid for it all day as well. I guess I was wrong when I thought I was well enough to go out.

Thank You copy

5 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Hope you start feeling better soon! I loveeeeeeeeee the photos ... that first one of Brandon is ADORABLE!!!

Courtney said...

You got some great pictures. I am jealous that you guys are able to roll up your pants legs and dip your toes in the water. We are getting snow today in Ohio. Hope you get feeling better soon.

Cindy Gay said...

Great pictures of the kids!

Debbie P said...

Awesome photos! Glad your feeling better!

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

super cute photos. glad you are feeling better. alexis just cracks me up.