Friday, March 29, 2013

Here Fishie, Fishie! (A Birthday At The Aquarium)

When I came across this sketch on the Basic Grey blog, I knew I would end up using it. I loved the photo cluster and the rounded corners so I saved it for later use.


I finally got around to scrapping a page that was inspired by the sketch. I didn't copy the design exactly but you can see that the basic lines are the same. I flipped the scallop upside down and changed the photo sizes a bit. The photos felt like they were floating without something behind them, so I fussy cut some of the hexagon paper from my October 2012 Warm kit from The Sampler kit club.

Aquarium_Birthday Scrapbook Page_New Orleans Layout

The title was something that Jordan kept saying during her birthday trip to the aquarium and I just had to use it. I changed the color of the light pink foam Thickers to a deeper pink to mimic the color of the chipboard roses.

Chalked Foam Stickers_Thickers Chalk_Chipboard Page

I cut one of the ribbon flowers off of the trim piece and tucked it into a cluster with the chipboard. You can also see that I used some of the stickers from the transparent Hambly set included in the kit. The sparkly silver ribbon came from the fantastic Hydrangea Hippo Etsy Store.

Chipboard Roses_Large Scallop_Silver Ribbon_Hydrangea Hippo

5 comments:

Marlene Murphy said...

I love everything about this. The colors and the background make this so fun and unexpected. Psst, if I lived there I'd want to go to the Aquarium for my birthday too.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeeeee this!! LOVING the colors and loveeeeeeee that wood background!!!!

Debbie P said...

Love your layout! Awesome job! Those photos are amazing! Hope you and your family have a blessed Easter!

A said...

I love it too :-) And it looks like the kids had a good time.

Sharon Fritchey said...

Such an amazing and beautiful page. I love the warm feeling it conveys, Heather! Your family is beautiful. I hope you had a wonderful Easter!