Saturday, March 23, 2013

March 2013 Card Sketch + Template

I just posted the challenges over at The Sampler kit club blog earlier today. Make sure you  head over there to see the sketches and enter to win a prize! I also wanted to share the sketch here on my blog, and as always there's a coordinating digital template to download. Here's the March 2013 card sketch. Please feel free to pin it or save it to your computer for later use.

Heather Landry_Free Card Template_Digital_Sketch

This is my take on the sketch. I loved the bright, happy colors in the Walking On Sunshine kit this month. I decided to fussy cut one of the transparencies from the Uncharted Waters package. I loved it and I thought it would make a great geometric border.

Yellow Butterflies_Transparency Card_Staples_Heather Landry

I also made a page that was inspired by Holly's March layout sketch. Trust me, you don't want to miss this one! My design features an adorable photo of my newborn nephew. I can't believe he's already nearly three years old. I swear, time flies by so quickly! I used the Walking On Sunshine kit again on this project.

Brand New Baby_Layout_Hexagons_Transparency_Dots

If you'd like to download the free layered card template that I created in Photoshop Elements, please click HERE to do so. Don't forget to respect my terms of use! 

5 comments:

Ashley Horton said...

Love your card and layout Heather!! Great use of my fave color...the Yellow!! :) And btw, I used your anchor cut file on a layout for my first reveal coming up for Let's Get Sketchy!! Loved it...thanks for sharing!! :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are beautiful!! LOVING the colors and your nephew's photo is sooooooo precious!!

Cindy deRosier said...

Beautiful! I love the colors on both - and the washi tape on the card. So cute!

Laurie! said...

What a cute card sketch! I've got to remember to use this one!

Linda Jordan said...

Gorgeous card & layout! I love the colors you used :)