Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Pure Magic-Christmas Pages

I've been really missing my dog Lady, so I decided to scrap a page about her. I always miss her the most at Christmas since Christmas Day was her birthday. I figured a picture of her from her last Christmas on her favorite blanket would work perfectly. 

Christmas Page_Death and Loss_Dog Pug_Scrapbook Page

I used my Scraptastic Club December 2012 kit called Stocking Stuffer to make this layout and I was inspired by a March 2013 PageMaps Sketch. It felt really therapeutic to write about her and how much I miss her.

While I had the kit on my desk, I felt inspired to create another page. I was on a journaling roll, but I wanted this journaling to be a bit more private. 

Christmas Magic_Family Portraits_Scrapbook Page_Heather Landry

Isn't it magic how everyone can actually get along around Christmas? My journaling is basically about how I wish the peace we have around Christmas would last through the entire year. The tag in the chevron bag pulls out for the journaling. I really loved the music paper that Jessica included in the Scraptastic Club December 2012 Stocking Stuffer kit.

12 comments:

Doreen Vasquez said...

Awww... they are both wonderful layouts but that first one tugged at my "heartstrings"! :'(

Debbie P said...

Love, love both of these layouts! Excellent job getting those feelings down on your layout about your sweet dog!

Cindy Gay said...

Both pages are super sweet!

Mel said...

Love both of these! Beautiful work:)

Mitra Pratt said...

Dogs are so sweet and are never around long enough. I miss my Frank too. Soon a few daffodils will be flowering on his grave which does make me feel better! Love your lovely pages as always. Such a pretty kit too!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Awwwwwwww these are both beautiful!!! That first one is such a wonderful and precious tribute!!!

Ashley Horton said...

Great pages Heather!! Love the sweet layout to remember your cute little doggie. And I love the three larger photos you used on your second page!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

These are gorgeous! I really love what you did with the polaroid frame on the first one!!!

Cindy deRosier said...

Beautiful pages. Your tribute to Lady is very touching.

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

cute pages. missing Lady, sweet tribute...and the kids are cute as well. lol

Sharon Fritchey said...

Oh Heather! Your layouts are pure magic! I love them both!!!!

Cassandra aka Scrap Savvy said...

Great take on the sketch and such a lovely tribute layout. You rocked the kit with both layouts.:)