Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Sissy

I've been closeted in my craft room creating like a madwoman again. I've managed to use all of my March 2013 kit from The Sampler Kit Club. It's called "Walking On Sunshine" and I am 100% smitten by the bright, happy colors. I'm sick of this dreary weather so any sunshine is welcomed, even the paper kind! 

I fell in love with the Glitz transparencies that came in the kit. I knew I would use this one on a card as soon as I saw it! I designed the entire card around it. It's super simple with lots of layers and dimensional adhesive. I'm slightly addicted to foam dots. (Okay. Lots addicted!)

Tent_Butterfly Wood Veneer_Card_Love Glitz

I've documented Brandon and Jordan's nicknames, but I couldn't remember making a page about Lexie's. I found an older photo that I took of her during a Spring portrait session and it went really well with the kit. Jordan couldn't say "sister" when she was tiny, so she called Lexie "Sissy" and it stuck. The younger kids still call her Sissy. So we have a Cookie, Bubba, and a Sissy in our family!

Nickname Sissy_Scrapbook Page_Daughter Love

I used a fabulous Pagemaps sketch from Becky Fleck's site as inspiration for my design. As usual, I went off on my own tangent. Did you notice all of the gold mist? It's my absolute favorite product right now. I am having a hard time not putting it on EVERYTHING.

8 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are both beautiful!! LOVING the way you documented the nickname! Brookie and Adam have some too.... and you have inspired me to make something like this :)

Mitra Pratt said...

WE have a Sassy and a Squirt. The Sassy used to be Mini Muncher when she was wee. Isn't it funny! Lexi could not say her own name, so called herself ME SASSY. Thanks for the walk down memory lane! Love your page and your card! You are creating like a crazy girl, I love it!

Linda Jordan said...

Gorgeous page! It looks like you picked out that dress just to coordinate!

Andrea said...

what a fab card and layout! the colors in the layout are perfect with her outfit! Just wanted to let you know THANK YOU For the sweet RAK! :)

Cindy deRosier said...

Beautiful page! I can't tell if it's digital or paper. Either way, I love it!

Debbie P said...

Wow, this is amazing! A definite favorite of all your layouts! Love all the elements you used and she is so lovely in that photo! Beautiful job Heather!

Monique Liedtke said...

What a wonderful page! How fun to do it about her nick name, it's a great idea, one I have to remembe! I love the gold mist too!

Cindy Gay said...

What a beautiful photo and page. Nice design.