Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Beautiful Bows

***If you're looking for the Hydrangea Hippo blog hop, please scroll down to the post below this one. Thank you!***

My girls are completely obsessed with cute hair accessories. Sometimes I like to feed that obsession with my arts and crafts supplies! I'm sure you won't be surprised to learn that I made bows out of a huge pile of jewel tone felt that I found for a great price at the Hydrangea Hippo Etsy store. I thought I'd share the final product here on my blog.

Hair Bow Set_Accessories_Felt

My pom pom flower bow was inspired by this tutorial. I changed the dimension and thickness of the cuts so I'd have a flower that was larger and suitable for a bigger kid. My girls have already requested this one in more colors and I have to confess that it's my favorite too.

Blue Felt_Pom Pom Flower_Hair Bow

I also made a larger purple felt bow. I usually pin these in the girls' hair with bobby pins, but my bobby pins have all disappeared. I'm sure that they are somewhere in a VERY fashionable baby doll's hair. I'll just have to track them down and pull them out.

Purple Felt Bow_Heather Landry_Hair Accessories

Do you make bows? If you have a favorite bow that you've made or a neat tutorial to share, I'd love it if you posted a comment.

3 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhh these are beautiful!! LOVING them!!!

Cindy deRosier said...

Nope - no hair bows here. :) These are adorable - the purple is my favorite.

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

these are so cute. now i want one.