Monday, April 29, 2013

Earrings, Tee Ball, + Dog Sitting

It should never, ever be said that there's a dull moment in my life. This past week was a blur of appointments and school issues. Just lots of stuff going on! Jordan and Alexis had eye appointments that went well. Their vision is unchanged. It's time for new glasses as Jordan's old ones are bent, and Alexis' old glasses are broken because she snapped them in a fit of rage. I think we asked her to clean her room. Argh!

Jordan had therapy on Thursday and she worked so hard that she was exhausted. Since she had a school excuse, and school hasn't been the most wonderful place for her lately... I let her stay home. She ran errands with me and I decided to surprise her with something she's wanted to do for a while now. I brought her to get her ears pierced! Here's the before photo.


And the after! She picked tiny little gold cross earrings because she wanted "her ears to remember Jesus". She threw an absolute fit after the first ear was done. I warned her that it was going to hurt but I don't think she expected it to be as painful as it was. Poor bitsy thing. She made it through the second ear and we bought extra earrings to celebrate! She won't be able to wear them for another six weeks, but knowing they're there is awesome.


In other news, Mother Nature has finally gotten the news that it's Spring. We've been having some warmer weather and thunderstorms. The sky was a pretty purple and pink when the sun set on Friday night. I was outside walking the dog when I noticed the gorgeous colors.


The dog I mentioned is not mine. We're dog sitting for a good friend. Her name is Patches and she has seriously attached to me. Wherever I am, she is! She's going home later this morning and we're all going to miss her. Not enough to get another dog though. Ronnie won't even consider it!


Patches was really sad on Saturday morning when we had to leave her in the kennel to go play tee ball. We got up at the crack of dawn to get everyone dressed and ready for the game. Brandon played first base for a while. You've just gotta love the knee high socks!


Jordan was in the outfield for most of the game. We worry that if the ball comes right at her, she won't be able to react in time to move out of the way. She actually has quite an arm, so she does a great job throwing the ball in. During this game, she didn't do well on a particular play so she threw her glove down on the field. She took off running to me in the dugout. Poor peanut. I was able to convince her to go out for the next play.


When the Giants came into the dugout to line up in our batting order, Brandon put his arms around Jordan and gave her a pep talk. He said, "Jordan, You did good and I'm always very proud of you." "Everybody makes mistakes." She quit crying and everything was all better. He's the best brother!

4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

What a sweet big brother!! And loving the earrings!! Can't blame her for the fit.... my mom had to DRAG ME to get mine done in the 7th grade and I hated it! LOL!! I still barely EVER wear earrings!! LOL!!

Cindy deRosier said...

The bond between your kids is so awesome. :)

Debbie P said...

Ah, she's so cute! Love her earrings! And dog sitting is much easier than having your own. She'll have to come back and have play dates with you and your family!

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

congrats to J on her new earrings. enjoy your time with the pooch....maybe you should keep it. lol