Sunday, April 14, 2013

Grill Master Scrapbook Page

I know I've mentioned lately that I'm working on using older kits from my stash. I used the last of my He's So Rock N' Roll kit from Scraptastic Club to make this page. It was actually the first kit I ever got from Jessica. I added a few things from my stash to the scraps from the kit and it all works really well.

Boy Grill_Stash Busting_Scrapbook Page

Since I'm using older kits, I figured I'd dig through some older photos too. This is a photo from 2009 of Ronnie with his grill. Grilling always makes him happy. I'm guessing it's some sort of caveman type obsession that's hardwired into a man's genetics. Since I'm a girl, I don't get it. I'm just happy when he's happy.

Come back tomorrow for my newest sketch!

9 comments:

Michelle said...

I love to grill. I am the one that does majority of it too. We have already busted it out this year, even with the snow. I need to get new grates for it. After 9 yrs of use, they are getting to the end of their life. I think we have the same Toro mower too! LOL

Kristie said...

Great page! Love the retro embellishments.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeee this!! LOVING the Route 66 sign and the Woody!!!

Debbie P said...

Ha, ha, that's too fun! I love those older products! They are perfect! Beautiful job! Good for you for working into your older stash!

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

if grilling makes the boy so happy....why don't you let him do it more often?

Doreen Vasquez said...

Although I don't quite get the thrill that guys get from it, I do wish I knew how to grill myself. For some reason I can't seem to get the hang of it!
I have some of those same papers in my stash! Love the way you used them! You used just the right amount of PP and negative space to make this page lots of fun but not overwhelming!

Cindy deRosier said...

I love this layout! I would never have thought to use guitar/music/car/route66 vintage paper with a modern grilling picture, but it totally works. The colors are perfect. Is this layout from a sketch? Or will you be making a sketch from it? I really like it!

Mitra Pratt said...

Do you know what makes me happy about a grill? A guy cooking and not me! Shh, don't tell! Love your layout!

Ashley Horton said...

Awesome page Heather! Love the Route 66 sign and the cool vintage car!