Friday, April 19, 2013

It's Alive!!!! Zombie Fish Resurrection

Before I start this post, I'd like to say thank you to everyone who was supportive in their comments on my post on April 18th. I didn't know whether the response would be positive or negative, but I should've known better. My readers rock! The encouragement was so wonderful to read. 

We have had a very busy week. (Lots of therapy and appointments as usual as well as service dates at church and small group meetings.) Wednesday morning I was scrambling to finish cooking the food that I'd volunteered to bring to a luncheon when I happened to look over at the fish tank. The kids' goldfish was floating upside down. I tried tapping the tank and wiggling the tank back and forth. Nada! I finally sucked it up and just poked him to see if he'd move. No gill movement, no eye movement... he was clearly dead. I called Ronnie to tell him because I was upset. While talking to him, I decided to go out and get a new fish after my group meeting. 

I picked my friend up at the meeting and she came with me to buy a new fish at PetSmart. We went over to the tanks and there was an identical fish. I was so excited until I noticed a note on the front of the tank that said, "Do not sell!". Wait. What?! Why not? I tracked down a sales associate and she informed me that they weren't allowed to sell them because they had fungus. Phooey! I decided that getting a different new fish would lessen the sting a bit, so I bought a Beta and some food. 

On the way home, I made Danielle promise to flush the dead fish for me. I really don't deal well with things like that. She promised that she would. When we got inside, she moved the tank a bit to find the clearly dead, floating fish. She tapped the side of the tank when she moved it and the fish FLIPPED RIGHT SIDE UP AND STARTED SWIMMING!!!! We looked at each other and went NO WAY!!! ZOMBIE FISH! I'm not going to lie. I was more than a little creeped out and so was she. If I disappear y'all... the zombie fish did it!

So now, the new Beta fish is living in a flower vase because obviously I can't put him in the tank with the zombie fish. I don't want them to fight. They live side by side now and it's pretty funny how they try to get to each other. The kids are thrilled with their new, extra fish and they are so happy that Bluey is still alive as well. Did I mention that this goldfish is three years old? He's invincible!

Zombie Fish_Beta_Creepy Goldfish

I almost forgot... The new Beta is a Dragon Scaled Beta. His name is Spike because his fins are all spiked up and flowy. He's quite handsome!

Dragon Scaled Beta_Vase

Thursday was Jordan's birthday but her party isn't until Saturday. We bought her a new outfit for her American Girl doll. She demanded that I take pictures of Molly during a photo shoot. Here's Molly in her swimsuit with a real towel and beach ball. (Jordan is spoiled rotten!) I can't believe she's nine already. She and Brandon will share a birthday party this weekend. By choice! They are such peas in a pod.

American Girl Molly_Bathing Suit Set

Ronnie's making some changes too. He traded in his truck today for a new car with a much lower payment and fantastic gas mileage. He travels so much to and from work that gas in the big truck was costing over three hundred dollars a month. Insane! Jordan has named the new car Blueberry. She's keeping of her grand tradition of naming every single vehicle we've ever had. Blueberry is better than Pepsi! (A silver Jeep that reminded her of a Pepsi Can.)

New Car_Chevy Cruze_Happy

The interior is really pretty too and it has a very nice radio. The kids and I were jamming when I took them for a test drive around the neighborhood. I definitely like it and so do they. Daddy did well!

Chevy Cruze_Interior Photo_Radio

Well it's getting late, I'd better go feed the fish before I go to bed. Hopefully I'll keep all of my fingers... I need those for scrapping!

6 comments:

Buffy Esser said...

Oh My Goodness your goldfish was just lonely LOL I could never keep our fish alive, I had the water tested,made sure I fed them right....we went through a whole bunch before I finally gave up... so we got a cat LOL

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

That is CRAZY about the fish!!!! Zombie fish is so right! And loving the new car and birthday doll!! Adorable! And it was totally CRAZY... tonight we went to dinner and I SWEAR I saw a guy that looked just like your hubby!! It was so funny!! I was like.... I so have to remember to tell this to Heather this! LOL!! And then you post tonight!!

Courtney said...

That is crazy. I am just amazed that you have had a fish for 3 years. Most of my goldfish only lasted 3 days! Hope you have a great birthday party weekend.

Cindy deRosier said...

Happy birthday Jordan! Fun to read about all that's going on with you.

Debbie P said...

The fish story is too funny! We've never had one come back alive! We had one disappear. I went in to feed it one morning & it was gone. We searched and it was under my granddaughters foot of her bed. It had jumped out of the bowl! I guess gold fish are known to do that! Love the swimsuit for the doll! Too cute!

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

fish story= hilarious. ronnie's new car =ridiculous. mollie's wardrobe =extensive.