Sunday, April 28, 2013

Magic Kingdom Layout: Disney Bliss

I've been working through scrapping my Disney photos again! All of my Disney layouts go into the same album and I try to keep them in order. This photo is from our first day together at the Magic Kingdom. We always go to the Magic Kingdom first because it's our favorite park. 


I used my April 2013 kit from The Sampler to create this page. Even though the color scheme doesn't make you think of Disney right away, I still think it works well due to the colors we were wearing in the photo. I wanted the layout to feel whimsical so I added the looped twine across the bottom of the page. I'm actually planning to go back and add hidden Mickey icons to all of my pages once they're finished. I'm going to try to figure out how to make them all tie in together. Wish me luck on that!

7 comments:

Cindy Gay said...

Great family portrait. Love little Brandon peeking in there with the big grin!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwww! This is gorgeous! LOVING the family photo, the colors, the butterfly and the twine!!!

Debbie P said...

What a lovely layout and what an awesome family photo. I have so many Disney vacation photos to scrap, and I get so overwhelmed thinking about them. That's a great idea Heather, to just create a "regular" type layout without the pressure of it being obviously Disney. And what a brilliant idea to come back and add the "Disney" touches later. Thanks so much for the inspiration!

Cindy deRosier said...

Love the idea of hidden Mickeys! What a fun touch!

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

so cute. great job with the kit.

Mitra Pratt said...

Love it! I am still working on my Peru book as you can see by the page I just mailed you. Fun times making a whole album from a vacation. I am actually excited to dive back into it!

Ashley Horton said...

I love this Heather!! I think it is fun that you used non-traditional Disney colors!! Sometimes it's good to break out of that pattern for a themed album! And I love the cute use of the twine!