Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Mixing It Up With Susan Weckesser And Hydrangea Hippo

I had two projects featured on the Hydrangea Hippo blog a few weeks ago as part of a blog hop and now I'd like to share them here. Remember how I mentioned that this photo was super important to me? It's one of the first photos that I have of Jordan and I together. She was three months old when we got the call to adopt her and bring her home from the hospital. She was only 6 lbs. 11 oz. at 3 months old. Such a tiny, petite cutie pie.

Art Journal_Adoption_Daughter_Bird_Doily

This art journal page is going into a frame and I'll be hanging it in her room after I give it to her at the birthday party. I was definitely "tickled pink" by getting able to hold my sweet girl for the first time.

Speaking of birthdays, I'm also planning to get her a gift card because everyone knows that cash is a girl's best friend. (It makes it a lot easier for her to get what she wants!) I altered a small burlap bag by adding feathers, pearls, sequins, and a purple paper flower.

Burlap Bag_Feather_Initial_Sequin Stars

All of the supplies in these projects came from the Hydrangea Hippo Etsy store and Susan Weckesser. (Unity Stamps and Want 2 Scrap

6 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are soooooooooo gorgeous!! I am IN LOVE with that burlap!!!

Barbara said...

These are beautiful Heather. The art journal page is such a wonderful birthday gift for your daughter

Cindy deRosier said...

What a wonderful set of gifts! I hope she loves them!

Cindy Gay said...

What a great page. She'll love it!

Ashley Horton said...

What a special gift and card, Heather!! That will be so perfect framed and hanging in her room!

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

super cute projects. thanks for sharing.