Sunday, April 21, 2013

Unfinished Scrapbook Kits: School Themed Layout

I can't be the only one that has a humongous stash of unfinished kits. If you don't... let's pretend you do so I don't feel as bad, okay? I'm not going to admit how MANY unfinished kits I have. (Ahem. Over 30.) 

Now that I've backed off a bit as far as design team work, I'm going to have more time to use older supplies. This layout was made with a kit that's a true blast from the past. I used my Scraptastic Club "School Daze" kit from 2010 to create this page. That's a three year old kit! Sheesh. I've been slacking.

School Layout_Daddy Bus_Kids Page

The beautiful stitched star applique is the only newer thing on this page. It's from the wonderful Hydrangea Hippo Etsy store. I got it in a kit called "Rockin' Dude" but I couldn't pass on using it for a school themed page. Mostly because I was such a good child that I ALWAYS got gold stars in school. (Yeah, right!)

How about you all? Have you used any older supplies lately? What's lurking in the bottom of your scrap drawer? Do tell!

8 comments:

Vija said...

this is fabulous Heather....love the clean lines

Vija said...

this is fabulous Heather. love the clean lines.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous!!! LOVING the colors and that star!! And YAY!!! for using up older stuff... I am in de-stash mode myself this year!!

Debbie P said...

I love those products! So glad you busted it out and used it! Awesome job!

Cindy deRosier said...

2010 isn't that old... yesterday I made some cards with paper with a 2002 copyright date!

Cindy Gay said...

The school layout is very nice--ruler, school bus and all.

Ashley Horton said...

This page is super-awesome Heather!! Love that grid design with your photos and these are my FAVE colors...more of the Autumnal colors!! Love the way they look together on your layout!

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

so cute. love that you are finishing your older kits.