Saturday, May 25, 2013

Hollywood And Vine: Project Life Style

I made four pages while my friend Stephanie was over at our house this past Tuesday. It was the last day before the kids got out of school for Summer vacation, so I knew I needed to cram in some serious scrapping. I used my new My Creative Scrapbook May 2013 kit to create four different pages. I'd like to share two of them today.

I had one last page protector from my 2009 Project Life series and I decided to pair it with a PILE of photos that I took of our character breakfast at Hollywood And Vine in Hollywood Studios. We met Jake, Oso, Handy Manny, and one of the Little Einsteins. (I can't remember her name!)


This is what the back of the page looks like. Eventually I'll get around to writing on the journaling blocks. (Hopefully before I file the pages away in the HUGE Disney trip album.) The bling Mickey head came from the Hydrangea Hippo Etsy store. I love those things!


In other news, I was really surprised by Jordan's Math placement test results. She made straight A's in Math during third grade in public school, but she placed significantly below grade level in Singapore Math. I'd heard that it's normal for a child to test a year below grade level, but she tested a year and a half below her expected level. I decided to start her on a new Math curriculum over the Summer to try to help her catch up. 


We are on day three and she's really enjoying the time that we're spending together. I'm watching her confidence build and even though she will probably never LOVE Math... I'm hoping that I'm able to make it a more positive experience than it has been for her.

3 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love love your pages!! Brookie loves all those characters!! And loving the pic of Jordan... I am sure you will help her catch up :)

Cindy deRosier said...

June, right? I haven't watched LIttle Einsteins in quite a while. I didn't know they were walk-around characters. I've only see Little Einsteins inside Playhouse Disney.

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

your project is so cute. i love how you are PL-ing Disney!

Glad things are going well with the homeschooling.