Friday, May 10, 2013

iPhoneography: A Peek Into Our Week

It's Friday!!! Pardon me while I jump up and down would you? This is the first day in a week that I haven't had to leave the house or have company. I can be quite an introvert at times and I really enjoy my down days. Especially after a crazy busy week like this one. I did manage to create teacher gifts on Tuesday after I took Brandon to the pediatrician for his well child check up.

When I found out that this week was teacher appreciation week, I freaked out a bit. I knew I didn't have much time to come up with something they'd love. I used a fabulous printable from Jen Gallacher to make things much easier. I had the kids sign them and I framed them in a shadow box frame. The kids and I also made flower pens. They're super simple and the teachers all adored them.

Teacher's Gifts_Appreciation_Subway Art

I also picked up the girls' new glasses on Tuesday. Alexis picked these glasses because they weren't the ones I liked. I kid you not. She said, "Well, which ones do you like?" I pointed to the pair I liked and said, "I like those." She didn't hesitate a single second. She said, "Good. I'll take the other ones." Lucky for me... Both of the frames were cute. I just liked the other pair better. I may have to start doing the whole reverse psychology thing. I swear, she's 11 going on 17.

New Glasses_Plastic_Smiling

Miss Jordan has always chosen metal frames, so it surprised me when she said she wanted plastic glasses. I asked her why, and she said it's because she wants to be stylish. She also wants to "look older". I haven't figured out the reasoning on that yet. Who knows?!

New Plastic Glasses_Growing Up

Jordan and I went to lunch together yesterday because she didn't like what was on the menu at school. I decided to stop before I dropped her off after her therapy appointment. She loves Chinese food a lot. I couldn't believe that she ate an entire plate of food and a huge plate of desserts. She doesn't eat much usually so we have to beg her to eat. 

Eating Lunch_Chinese Food_Yum

We got our fortune cookies with the bill and Jordan couldn't wait to open them. She gets so excited to see what they say.

Bill For Lunch_Fortune Cookie

Jordan's fortune couldn't have been more perfect! She said, "Mom, It's like they knew I am special needs." "I have to remember this."

Fortune Cookie_Applicable Fortune

Last but definitely not least, I finally got my hands on the January 2013 issue of Scrapbook Trends. Check it out! I can't believe it! Brandon said, "I'm famous Mom!" He sure is. Jordan was disappointed that it wasn't her photo in the magazine. She doesn't know, but I have another layout being published later this year that does have pictures of her on it.

Scrapbook Trends_Publication_Heather Landry

9 comments:

Debbie P said...

Awesome Heather! Congrats on being in the magazine! They sure are cute in their new glasses. And lastly, awesome teacher gift!

Cindy deRosier said...

Jordan's fortune is awesome! It's the perfect message for anyone, regardless of their situation. Yours is a little less inspiring to me!

Michelle said...

all fixed!! It looks great!! I love the fortunes.. they are perfect for you both!! :) Congrats on the publ.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Congrats on the PUB!! I loveeeee the photos and loving your teacher gift!!!

Courtney said...

The teacher appreciation gifts are adorable.

Cindy Gay said...

Tell Jordan she's famous too. Funny what you said about Alexis' glass choice. (Isn't that the truth about kids...) Happy Mother's Day Heather!

Micupoftea~ said...

Fun teacher gifts! Happy Mothers Day~

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

such a busy week. your teacher gift is adorable.

Izzy Anderson said...

I loved the story about the glasses. Alexis made me LOL. Kids! Big congrats on the pub. Terrific page.