Thursday, May 9, 2013

Lucky You: Disney's Polynesian Scrapbook Layout

Do you all remember how my in laws whisked us away to Disney in February? I decided to scrap a page for my Disney album from the kids' perspective. The journaling is about how lucky they are to have stayed at such a beautiful resort in Disney. The photos were all taken in and around the Polynesian resort. It is a lovely place!

Polynesian Scrapbook Page_Disney

The die cut title came from the fabulously talented Ashley Horton's blog! Thanks so much Ashley. It was perfect for my layout. I created a shadow layer and ran it through the Cuttlebug for more texture. I used Stickles to highlight the edges of the top layer. Disney projects are supposed to be bright and sparkly!

Word Art Title_Embossed Die Cut

Many of my supplies came from an older Scraptastic Club kit called "Alphabet Soup For Girls". It features a lot of My Mind's Eye paper and embellishments. It really feels good to go through and do some serious stash busting. Oh! Can you find the hidden Mickey?

Hidden Mickey_Scrapbook Page

10 comments:

Sharon Fritchman said...

Good Morning Heather! I couldn't wait to check out your blog's new look today! I love it!!!! So fun and happy! And I love this layout, too!

Sharon Fritchman said...

And I forgot to say, I found the hidden Mickey!!!! WOOHOO!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love love this!! LOVING the photos, the colors and loveeeeeeeee the title work!! And the blog looks great to me now! :) I just have a regular old laptop and my screen must be a lot smaller than yours :) But looks AMAZING now! I love it!!!

Debbie P said...

Awesome job Heather! So terrific that you are stash busting! It is a great feeling. The products are perfect for this layout!

Cindy deRosier said...

What a cool page! I love the speech bubble and the fact that you're journaling from their perspective. I just used a speech bubble on a layout on NSD - I think it was the first time ever!

Linda Jordan said...

Gorgeous layout! I love how you added the texture to the title. Ever since I got my silhouette my cuttlebug has been forgotten in the closet...I always forget that it can emboss! Thanks for the inspiration :)

Cindy Gay said...

Great job Heather and great pictures!

Ashley Horton said...

Awesome Disney page Heather!! Love the way you used the Cut File and added the Stickles and embossing!! Your page definitely does Disney justice!! :)

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

love this. so super cute. i love the adorable cut file, and jordan is so stinkin' cute doing the hula.

Tamika said...

love the title work!