Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Mixed Media Art: Altered Embroidery Hoop

I'm sad to announce that this was my last project for the Hydrangea Hippo design team. I had to step down due to family and time constraints and I will definitely miss working for Jennifer. I still have leftover Hydrangea Hippo products and they'll pop up on the blog from time to time, but I'll no longer be an official DT member.

I used the April Mixed media kit called "Bee Amazing" to create this altered embroidery hoop. I used the striped ribbon as my background and I tied the royal blue ribbon around the top of the hoop. I cut the large gold doily down a bit so it would peek out when I adhered it to the back of the hoop. 


I cut a butterfly from some of the book paper that was included in the kit. I added some blue Stickles to create some sparkle and add definition. If you look closely, you can see the corner of a doily stamp that I got during our hop a while back with 100 Proof Press.


Stop by the Hydrangea Hippo blog or Etsy store for more project examples and goodies.

6 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous!!! LOVING the colors and the feathers!!!

Cindy deRosier said...

Very cute! I especially love the striped ribbon background and the doily peeking out.

Pam said...

Lovely ! Love the blues and golds.

Alison said...

Heather, this is gorgeous! Where have you hung it? I would display that masterpiece proudly in my home!

Ali

Www.theeverydayscrapbooker.weebly.com

Ashley Horton said...

Sad to hear this is your last project Heather, but it is a great one!! Love the large rhinestone over the crocheted doily!

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

such a great project. just beautiful. sorry you won't be HH anymore. hugs.