Tuesday, June 4, 2013

I Wanna Ride: Hippotherapy Horse Show

Remember the horse show I mentioned? I finally got the photos edited and ready to share. Miss Jordan only returned to riding a few weeks ago, but when she found out about the horse show she wanted to do it. I was concerned that she wouldn't have time to learn the entire routine, but she did a great job even though she was super nervous.


Her nerves calmed down a little once she got to talk to her horse. It looked like they were having a very serious conversation about strategy! Kit Kat appears to be paying very close attention.

Hippotherapy_Horse Show_Special Needs

Here she is getting ready to start the course... She was still extremely nervous. Once she began riding through, her nerves melted away and she forgot to be anxious. 


She even got Kit Kat to stop right by the barrel so she could pick up her ring. She had trouble with that at the last horse show, and it was her biggest concern. "Mom, Sometimes Kit Kat just doesn't stop when I tell her to!" I tell her that Kit Kat is old and hard headed. Plus, Jordan is so light that I don't think she pulls hard enough. Not this time! She yanked and yelled, "WHOA!"


She placed second and we were all SO very proud of her. She did an absolutely amazing job! I have a photo of her with her ribbon, but I can't post it here because I don't have permission to post the other kids standing in the photo. 

6 comments:

Ruth G said...

Fabulous! Girls and horses have such a special bond! Congratulations to Jordan and Kit Kat! It sounds like it was quite an accomplishment for both!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Good for her!!! I loveeeeeeee the photos!!

Cindy deRosier said...

Congrats to Jordan!

Debbie P said...

How awesome! Love your photos!

Alison said...

Yippee! Yay for Jordan!

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

love these photos! hooray for J!