Monday, June 10, 2013

Instagram Week In Review: iPhoneography

Last week was crazy! My friend went out of town and I spent the week keeping her dog. Her name is Patches and she's the sweetest thing. She makes us consider having another dog, but since Lady passed away we just haven't had the heart to get another one. It is nice that Patches comes to visit every now and then. We'll just settle for that for now.


Every morning last week I drove Brandon and Jordan to vacation Bible school. I spent a lot of time sitting in traffic on the way in and out of the church parking lot because they had over 600 kids in VBS at Church of the King. The kids had a wonderful time and they were super sad when it was over!


All three of the kids tried out for a play at one of our local libraries on Monday. We're still waiting to hear which parts they got. I should know later this week! They are all very excited to participate.

I took Alexis in to see the pediatrician on Tuesday for her 11 year old well check up. I still can't believe that she's that old! The doctor plotted her height on the chart and she estimates that she won't ever be bigger than five feet tall. Alexis was not thrilled to hear that at all! My friends have all told her that good things come in small packages.


She had to get her finger poked so she could get her iron levels checked and she got a whopping three shots! She did a great job being still even though I'm sure the shots hurt like crazy. She asked me to take this photo of her band aid after it was all over. She was impressed that it matched her shirt! 


We went to an awesome program at another local library on Wednesday. We learned about planting victory gardens during World War II. The kids were fascinated to hear about all of the ways that children who were their age helped during the war effort. 


They each got a packet of seeds so they could plant their own victory garden at home. Here they are holding their seed packets in front of the WWII National Museum van. I thought it made for a super cute photo opportunity.


Brandon lost his first tooth on Thursday. We noticed that it was very wiggly while we were sitting in the waiting room at Jordan's therapy office. He was thrilled with his first visit from the tooth fairy. Contrary to popular opinion, (Mandy!) the tooth fairy doesn't bring $10.00 for your first lost tooth. She brings sparkly dollar bills!


Friday was the last day of VBS, so Alexis and I met the little kids at Church Of The King to watch the closing ceremonies. Once the program was over, we went to an art class at The Castine Center. We wanted to make something for Ronnie for Father's Day and the tin can wind chime class was an absolute blast!


Somehow I ended up with more pain on me than on the cans... Story of my life! Alexis got paint all over her clothes too so I didn't feel terrible. It's not an awesome crafty project unless you wear it, right?


This is the finished set of wind chimes. The kids couldn't wait a single day to give them to Ronnie. I had to find a stick to hang them on so I stopped on the side of the road in our subdivision and yanked one off of a tree that was hanging over a ditch. The kids were yelling at me... OMGosh MOM! Hey, a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do! I also used a saw all by myself. I totally rock if I do say so myself.


I'll be back soon with more scrapbook projects to share! I hope you all had an awesome week too.

4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love the photos and YAYYYYYYYYY for the lost tooth!!!

Izzy Anderson said...

Super photos. A great wrap-up to what sounded like a wonderful week. Love the idea of the sparkly dollars!

Cindy deRosier said...

Great pics! At our house, the tooth fairy brings $2, either in the form of a $2 bill or two shiny golden dollars. :)

Debbie P said...

What a fun mix of photos! tfs Our oldest granddaughter also will be barely over 5 ft. She's finally come to except that. She is not alone!