Friday, June 21, 2013

Quit Bugging Me!

Because we went to the library early on Wednesday, we got to watch the Bugmobile Summer reading program before drama practice. The kids were very entertained by all of the creepy crawlers. They had a black widow spider, tarantula, stinging caterpillars, scorpion, centipede, millipede, and Madagascar hissing cockroaches. The kids actually touched the hissing cockroaches. I was a wimp and I didn't do it! I made a collage of photos to share because as usual, I took too many.

Bugmobile_Summer Reading Program_Collage

We stayed behind to ask a few more questions when everyone else left because Jordan wanted to know everything she possibly could about all of the insects. (What do you feed them? Where do they come from? Do those stinging caterpillars make a chrysalis?) While we were standing there, we noticed that the black widow spider had discovered it's lunch. Check out the video I took below... but not if you're squeamish.


I'll be back soon with photos of the play during drama Summer camp, and I'll have some projects to share as well.

5 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

YIKES! You are all BRAVER than me! LOL!! I would have the heeby-jeeby's over that!! LOL!! :)

Lizzy Hill said...

EWWWWW....YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!

Cindy deRosier said...

Fun!

Debbie P said...

Ewwwww! Our kids would love this! lol

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

bugs are icky! love your photos tho