Monday, June 3, 2013

Summer Lovin': Burnt To A Crisp

We did a lot of typical Summer things last week. The kids had a friend over on Monday. They played in the backyard for hours until a storm rolled in and their friend had to go home. 

This photo cracks me up because all of my kids are nearly the same height. The girls wear the same size now and they are all within 5 pounds of weighing the same. Alexis is 11 and very petite, Jordan is 9 and quite tall, but Brandon is 6 and SUPER tall. He's in the 99th percentile on the height chart and his pediatrician says that he'll be taller than his Daddy. I'm not surprised!


I introduced the kids to building blanket forts in the living room when they decided that they were bored. The blanket fort was such a huge hit that we had to build one for two days in a row. Jordan's music therapist came over on Friday and there was a huge tent in the living room. There's never a dull moment in my house.


At one point, Ronnie and I even ended up in the blanket fort with the kids. Before you ask, I don't ever intend to grow up. It was awesome! I'm not kidding y'all. This blanket fort was amazing if I say so myself. Four blankets, several kitchen chairs, two kiddie chairs, and a coffee table. Epic.


We've had a visitor since Friday. One of my friends went out of town and we are dog sitting Patches for her. Patches has been here before and as you can see, she made herself quite comfortable on the couch. She watches NASCAR with Ronnie. That means she's all good in his book.


Jordan had a horse show on Saturday, and I'm not quite finished editing those photos so they will have to wait for a later post. We also went swimming in the pool at Ronnie's gym on Saturday. The kids had a wonderful time and so did I. Jordan and Alexis even went down a really big water slide. Brandon attempted to go down three times, but he just couldn't do it. He got scared. Poor little man.

I was too busy swimming to take photos, but I did get this photo after we got home. I didn't realize that I was sunburned until later that evening. I was pretty upset because I used a TON of sunscreen. The kids aren't burnt, and for that I am thankful. It just sucks that I always burn no matter what brand, strength, and amount of sunscreen I use. You can see where my bathing suit strap was on my shoulder in this photo. Luckily, it's faded a little and is less painful since I put aloe on it. 


I'll probably be back soon with those horse show photos. Miss J did an amazing job as always!

6 comments:

Debbie P said...

Ouch...that's gonna hurt! You did get sunburned to a crisp! Love the photos! Looks like so much fun. Our girls make forts too, as did I when I was a kid. Love the dog photo!!! Too funny!

Cindy deRosier said...

That is a HORRIBLE sunburn! I burn very easily as well, despite frequent applications of high SPF any time I'm outside for more than 5 minutes. After my doctor found a precancerous spot last year, I avoid the sun as if I were a vampire. Hats, umbrellas, and shade (plus sunscreen) are all better than cancer.

I love that your kids are all the same size! I can totally imagine a 'mug shot' style shot with all of them lined up with the height lines behind them. Wouldn't that make an adorable LO?!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loving the photos... but HUGE OUCH to the sunburn!!!

Doreen Vasquez said...

Great pics!
Funnythat your kids are all the same size!LOL!
I burn easily too so I pretty much stay out of the sun.
Because of this I'm extremely pale! But I'd rather be pale than burnt!!!

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

blanket forts rock! sunburns suck!

Courtney said...

Sounds like lots of summer fun, minus the sunburn. I think my nephew Logan and I are going to have to build a blanket fort this summer.