Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Sweet Thing: Girly Girl Scrapbook Page

I have to admit that when I first saw the reveal for the My Creative Scrapbook June Main Kit, I was a little nervous. I am not the most girly scrapper in the world. I like flowers, but when it comes to using pink on my layouts... It doesn't happen much at all. I saw all of the pink in the kit and I was a little worried about how it would work with my scrappy style. 

I'm happy to say that I worked it all out. Instead of trying to avoid the pink, I used it like mad on this page. I decided to pull the pinks and greens for this project. I chose black cardstock as a background to pull the black from Jordan's shirt and the chair in the photo. Of course, Jordan has decided that this is her favorite page I've ever made because pink is HER favorite color. 

Diva Girl_Sweet_Scrapbook Page

I loved the vellum pieces in the American Crafts Mayberry line. They made layering a breeze! I used the large lime green flower on top of one of the doily pieces.

Vellum Scrapbook Embellishments_Girly Scrapbook Page

Here's another of the beautiful vellum pieces! It's a journaling spot, but I used it to mat my title to draw more attention to the upper left corner. I chose a paper die cut piece as one of the words in my title and finished it with some of the black alpha stickers in the Mayberry line. 

Creative Title Work_Scrapbook Page

This kit has convinced me that I can scrap with pink and be happy with the end result. That's something I never would've believed. One more thing before I go... My design on this page was based on the June My Creative Scrapbook sketch. It was a lovely, inspiring sketch.

11 comments:

Doreen Vasquez said...

Gorgeous!!!!!! LOVE it! You did great w/ the pink...you should try it more often!!! ;0)

Cindy deRosier said...

It looks fabulous! Totally your style. I love the green with the pink.

Aphra Bolyer said...

Your page is lovely! A sweet thing indeed. :)

Debbie P said...

So pretty and so adorable! Your rocked the pink & green!

Ashley Horton said...

I love all of the Pink Heather, and it looks great with the Green and the Black background!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous!! I loveeeeeeee the colors, the big circle and the photo is just so sweet!!!

Lizzy Hill said...

Totally sweet:):) Wonderful to 'overcome' one of those 'scrappy blocks'...& you've done it beautifully...you're almost convincing me about those overlay/vellums thingies as well!! They look so darn good on your page:):)!!!!!!!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

A delightfully pretty and girly page! :D :D

Jinny Newlin said...

Oooo! I love the pink here, too, Heather! What a great, girly page, and that pic fits these goodies PERFECTLY!

Laurie Leahey said...

I love the look of the black, pink, and green together! Very pretty and girly!

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

love the colors and J is adorable. she must be loving all the pink in this collection