Thursday, June 20, 2013

The Sampler's June Challenges

It's challenge time again over at The Sampler's blog. I can't believe that we already have the June challenges up. Where did the rest of this year go? Jeez. Anyway, you can check out the sketches and the challenge requirements HERE. You'll find the card sketch that I made below.

4x6 Card Sketch_Banners_Scallop

This is the card I made with the June 2013 Lazy Days Of Summer kit. I designed the entire thing around the star patterned paper because I liked it so much. I decided to emboss the star because it felt a little plain and I love how it turned out. 

Embossed Star_Masculine Card_Twine

I also created a layout based on Amy Coose's adorable sketch. I'm not going to share the sketch here because I'd love for you to go check it out on The Sampler's blog. I will share what I came up with though. 

Road Trip Scrapbook Page_Baby Boy

I decided to scrap about Brandon falling asleep every time we went anywhere in the car when he was little. How I miss those days of smushed up cheeks and soft little snores coming from the back seat! The kit's sunny colors were wonderful with this black and white photo that I've had in my stash for a while. I adore the enamel dots too. I swear, I could use them on everything! 

Guess what? I have a free layered digital template available today! It coordinates with the card sketch. I hope you enjoy it if you download it HERE. Please remember to respect my terms of use. Thank you.

4 comments:

Cindy deRosier said...

That picture of Brandon is precious! Love what you did with it. I've been hoarding my enamel dots - now I'm inspired to use them. Love the card too! Great color scheme and it would work for just about any occasion.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous! I love love love the colors and that adorable photo on your lo!!

Debbie P said...

Love the card and your layout! What a sweet photo of your little one!

Ashley Horton said...

LOVE these Heather!! The Blue and Orange is a great combo on your card and I love the embossing on the star! And how sweet is that photo on your layout?! Awesome idea using the map print in your title letters! A new favorite layout!