Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Christmas In The Pen: Father Christmas Update

I have another update on my Father Christmas project! I'm still creating and I'm making progress. The new set of supplies that I've pulled contains a 6x6 paper pad. As you'll see over the next few posts, my go to design for 6x6 papers always includes a grid of some sort. 

This layout is all about how poor Morgan got passed around like a hot potato at our Christmas celebration. Everyone wanted to hold the new baby! (Jordan, Brandon, and my grandpa are pictured with Morgan.) 

6x6 Paper Pad Ideas_Baby_Christmas Scrapbook

I used supplies from Cosmo Cricket, Webster's Pages, American Crafts, Authentique, and Jenni Bowlin on this project. I kept the embellishments pretty simple so the focus would stay on the photos. 

This next page uses traditional colors but the pictures definitely aren't traditional. Every time we go down to visit my grandparents' house for Christmas, the kids play with the goats. Even if they're dressed in their best clothes. It's pretty crazy! 

Ideas For Using 6x6 Paper Pads_Christmas Scrapbook

Again, I used Webster's Pages, Cosmo Cricket, American Crafts, and Authentique supplies. I also used Making Memories poinsettia flowers and Stickles. 

7 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Gorgeous!! I loveeeeee the colors and the grid designs!!!

Debbie P said...

Absolutely lovely job on both of these!

Cindy deRosier said...

Fantastic! I'm all about the grid as a go-to design too. I'm very interested in the fact that you're working through an entire collection of product until its gone. So much more efficient than the way I would have gone about it.

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Beautiful work!!!

Ashley Horton said...

Love the grid design on both of these layouts, Heather!

Cassandra aka Scrap Savvy said...

Great layouts! Smart to use grid pattern designs. Love the title and story re the Hot potato one and fun photos for the goats one.:)

Micupoftea said...

FUN pattern mix, like how you used the various squares/rectangles for a central design :)
Enjoy the rest of your summer. School starts for my college age dd in a few weeks, so we are enjoying the days without alarm clocks!