Thursday, July 18, 2013

Father Christmas Project: Scrapbook Adventure

Guess what? I'm definitely making progress on my Father Christmas challenge. The stack of photos isn't 6 inches high anymore, more like 5 inches high. It's a little encouraging! 


I'm still plugging along and scrapping as many photos as I possibly can on each page. I have a feeling that I'm going to run out of supplies before I run out of photos. Luckily, some of the new CHA Christmas collections look really promising. It's good to use some of these older collections to make space for new goodies in my stash. As you've probably guessed, I have a few layouts to share today.

1. I Love You This Much!

Cosmo Cricket_Christmas Scrapbook Page_Presents_Son

I've always thought of Christmas presents as an expression of love. I put a ton of thought into the presents that I give to my kids for Christmas. The title strip was just right for this layout about Brandon opening his goodies on Christmas morning. I used Cosmo Cricket's Jolly By Golly collection, My Mind's Eye enamel dots, and Heidi Swapp's Color Shine mist. 

2. Yuletide Cheer

Christmas Tree_Ornaments_Scrapbook

Every time we go to Disney World we buy more Christmas ornaments. We finally have enough to decorate our entire tree in a Disney theme. I've always believed in a bright, happy, cluttered, and vibrant tree. I wanted to document some of our very favorite ornaments with a full view of our tree in 2012. I used more of the Crate Paper and American Crafts rub ons that Holly sent me. I also pulled glitter from an older Sampler kit, and some leftover embellishments from the Scraptastic Club Stocking Stuffer 2012 kit. 

7 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

Well done with the pile reduction...NEW Christmas collections???!!!!!!! That's funny:):) That chrissy tree LO looks fab...the close ups positioned away & in front of the tree snap...brill!!! And those MME enamel dots...I've spent 2 days experimenting with nail polish for the same effect!!!!!!!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are gorgeous!!! LOVING that glitter border on the second one!!

Doreen Vasquez said...

Great layouts!
The second one is so beautiful! Love the sparkle and the doilies!
Only 5 inches now?! Good job!!

Debbie P said...

So awesome! I love both of these! Fabulous photos and stories behind them!

Cindy deRosier said...

Awesome layouts! That 6 (now 5) inch stack of photos will be gone before you know it. Keep it up!

Ashley Horton said...

More awesome pages Heather!! I know I still have some Christmas photos from this past year, sitting neglected in a folder on my computer!! :)

Sharon Fritchman said...

Hi heather! I am enjoying your "Christmas in July" layouts!!!! So happy that you are making progress, and a little envious, too! I have a 12 inch stack of photos that need to be scrapped from Christmases past, and they are still waiting!!! LOL!!!! I hope you have a great weekend, my friend! Your layouts are fabulous and so creative, as always!