Thursday, July 25, 2013

Have A Holly Jolly Christmas: Father Christmas Project Update

It seems like this pile of Christmas photos is multiplying while it sits on my desk. I'm still scrapping though, and I am definitely up for the challenge. To prove it, I have three pages to share with you today! (If you're new to my blog and are wondering what I'm talking about, click here to read about the Father Christmas project.) 

The layouts are all made with Cosmo Cricket's Jolly By Golly papers and embellishments. I also used supplies from an older Scraptastic Club kit, My Mind's Eye Enamel Dots, October Afternoon Mist, Maya Road Mist, Heidi Swapp's Color Shine Mist, Bazzill Kraft Paper, Crate Paper vellum, and gold washi tape. 

1. Have A Holly Jolly Christmas

Christmas Play_Nativity_Bible_Scrapbook Page

We always read the Bible and a Christmas book about the nativity at my grandma's house while the kids act out the story of Jesus' birth. Last year, it went from serious to funny in a heartbeat. My baby cousin who was playing Jesus had enough, so my cousin Katie stepped in. It was pretty hilarious! She kept trying to look really innocent. Ha!

2. Hello Santa (Fa La La)

Meeting Santa_Christmas_Traditional Scrapbook

Last year was the 7th year that we've visited Santa Claus at Koop Dr. in Mandeville. I love seeing the kids grow through these family photos. I kept this project pretty simple so the focus would be on the picture. The journaling is on the manila tag that I tucked into the chevron pocket.

3. Celebrate Joy

Joyful_Vellum_Christmas Present_Scrapbook

Nothing beats the look on Jordan's face when she opened the Winter DS game that my Mom gave her on Christmas Eve last year. My eardrums will never, ever be the same again! I think she may have liked it?

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. Tomorrow I'll post a digital scrapbook freebie that I've never shared anywhere. I made it when I was designing, and I forgot about it! Oops.

5 comments:

Debbie P said...

Awesome job on these! Before you know it, it will be Christmas!! LOL

Ashley Horton said...

Love these Heather!! The pics on the last page are great!!

Cindy Gay said...

Especially love the page with Jordan. Did I ever tell you our son Chris is "Christopher Jordan"?

Michelle said...

Fun pages. You are making a good dent into your photos and Christmas product for sure!!! Looks like Jordan was excited for the new video game!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

You are ROCKIN' the Christmas photos!! These are gorgeous!!!!!