Thursday, July 4, 2013

Hello Dollies: A Where's Waldo Scrapbook Page

Today, I'm sharing the last project I made with the June My Creative Scrapbook Main kit. I recently came across this picture that I took of Jordan in 2009 with her insane baby doll collection. Can you find the real baby in this photo? I thought the blues and greens that I had leftover from kit would work well with the way I edited the it.

Baby Doll_Little Girl_Scrapbook Page

If you look closely, you can see that I've added numbers to the picture to correspond with the journaling. Every one of her baby dolls had a name and she could tell you all of them instantly. We spent a lot of time playing, "Which baby is this?" because she used to ask for a different one every night before bed. I had a hard time keeping them straight.

Baby Doll_Little Girl_Scrapbook Layout

The floral blue background paper was one of my favorites in the kit. It was so dainty and feminine and a little bit country. I loved the embellishments in this kit too. There were so many to choose from to make my layouts really special and I have a ton of leftovers! 

Baby Doll_Little Girl_Scrapbook Project

10 comments:

Cindy deRosier said...

So pretty! I love that you recorded their names. I thought about doing that on the layout I did about Trevor's stuffed animals, but the thought of journaling 100+ names was too overwhelming.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Such a cuteeeeeeeeee photo and loving this beautiful lo!! LOVING the colors... perfect with the B&W photo! Happy 4th!!!

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

This is so stinking cute. Love the colors and embellies. Are you sure you got all the dollies names right. Lol

Doreen Vasquez said...

Oh wow!!!! LOL!
Very cool! And how awesome that you recorded their names!!!!
I need to do a layout like this w/ Madison's Monster High Dolls, although we will have to Google some of their names, well actually their pet's names, cuz we have lost track!!!
Love the B&W w/ the blue and green!!!!

Alison said...

I just love your design and the greens. It's one of my most favorite colors- I find it so calming!! Thanks for sharing and happy 4th of July!!

Debbie P said...

This is soooo cute! I have a photo of my oldest granddaughter just like that! Very fun! Beautiful job!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

This is gorgeous! I love the photo and you've scrapped it beautifully!!! I love that you journalled all the baby's names too! So cute! I did a similar thing with my daughter's Bratz dolls. So fun!!! :D

Cindy Gay said...

The picture is especially nice in black and white! What great memories for her of the Dolls' names. Hope you had a nice 4th!

Ange said...

So pretty and eye catching! Love the layout. I have a few photos like that I should scrap. :)

Ashley Horton said...

That photo is so adorable Heather, and I love the mix of the Blue, Green and Kraft!! Such pretty colors together!