Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Play Date In The Backyard: Scrapbook Layout

I am always looking for creative sketches that feature a single 4x6 photo. I usually print all of my photos at that size, and I have a hard time cutting them down to smaller sizes if I've cropped them in a specific way. The picture below was definitely one of those photos. I was super happy when I found an older sketch from an issue of Scrapbooks Etc. that I saved. Everything just fell into place after that!


Journaling: Susanna + Julien came over for a play date. The boys made their big sisters push and pull them in the wagon. The girls did it for a while but they got bored quickly. The boys were not happy when they quit! 

Of course, the red wagon embellishment in the June 2013 My Creative Scrapbook kit sent me on a hunt for this particular picture in my photo box. I just knew that it belonged on my project. It was perfect!


I layered a vellum piece and a die cut artisan shape from the American Crafts Mayberry collection to create a sunny sky scene. I also tied a bit of red twine through a yellow button and adhered it on top of the sun for a bit of added dimension.


See ya later gator! I'll have a bunch more to share soon because I had a fun scrappy day with my friend Stephanie yesterday. I just have to take photos of the projects.

7 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is BEAUTIFUL!! LOVING the colors, the wagon and loveeeeeeeeeeeee the grid design next to the photo!!

Doreen Vasquez said...

Glad you had a fun scrappy day w/ your friend and that you were able to find the perfect sketch for your picture!
Cute layout! Love the little extras you added to the sun and that little red wagon embellie IS so cute!!! I can see why you wanted to use it on a page!

Ashley Horton said...

Cute page Heather!! Love the different patterned paper squares you used!!

Debbie P said...

I love a good grid design! Awesome job! Love the little red wagon!

Alison said...

Great design Heather. I love the patterned paper grid to the left of the pic.

Cindy deRosier said...

So cute!

Lizzy Hill said...

Nice one - those squares look awesome on the side. I'm a 4x6 girl, usually, too...but I've discovered fussy cutting helps heaps & I get more photos on the page...that's been my solution, in the main.....