Saturday, July 20, 2013

Playdates, Art Projects, & Photography

I'm back with another weekly photography update!

Jordan had a friend over for a play date last Friday before her music therapy appointment. The girls made each other over and took silly photos with the iPad while giggling and shrieking the way little girls usually do. They all looked so glamorous! 


We've spent a lot of time making art at our house lately. We've created art journal pages, Zentangle drawings, and scrapbook layouts. I made the art journal page below and Jordan just had to have it. She wanted to put it in the clear pocket of her binder. The entire project says, "She believed she could, and she was right!" Perfect for Miss J and her can do attitude.


The next day, Jordan demanded a project to put in the sleeve of her other binder. I traced her hand and wrote another inspirational quote before filling the rest of the page with curved lines and shapes. I found out later that this is similar to Zentangle drawing. I learned the technique when I volunteered for Art Day with Brandon last year.


Here's a picture of the finished piece. I used EK Success color pencils to color in the shapes and quote. Miss Jordan was very pleased, but now Brandon wants art for HIS binder. I'm sure Alexis won't be far behind.


I had to bring Jordan to the pediatrician's office again on Monday. While we were there, Alexis asked me to take a picture and she kept trying to get Jordan to look at the camera. It didn't work at all because Jordan simply ignored her. Miss J ended up being diagnosed with a double ear infection, a sinus infection, and pinkeye. Brandon got pinkeye not long after because those two share everything with each other.


Jordan was extremely disappointed that she couldn't come visit our new baby cousin in the hospital yesterday. I told her that she couldn't possibly go because she might get Karli sick. After she threw a complete tantrum, she begged me to at least take some pictures and bring them home so she could see her. (Like she had to tell me to take photos?!)


My cousin and his wife are so blessed to have such a beautiful, healthy baby girl! Isn't she adorable? Visiting her was the highlight of my week. 


7 comments:

orange gearle said...

Love your photos and art! :-) That baby is precious! TYFS!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Great photos!! LOVING your journal pages!! I hope she gets better soon!! And the new addition to your family is JUST BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Cindy deRosier said...

Poor Jordan! I hope she's better soon and gets a chance to see the baby in person. What a cutie!

Cindy Gay said...

I like the project with the hand.

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Oh wow love your work!

Debbie P said...

Love the cute photos! So adorable! The new baby is precious!

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

love your photos, your zentangles are faboo