Saturday, July 6, 2013

Taking The Scenic Route: Paper Scrapbook Pages

This is the last set of Disney photos that I will be scrapping for a while. I'm totally Disney'd out! I filed all of my Disney pictures and supplies away after I made this page because I needed a break from scrapping our trip.

I took these photographs of Brandon one night in our hotel room at the Polynesian. Ronnie gave him his bath and while we were drying Jordan's hair, he passed out in the bed on top of the covers. Notice that he has his brand new stuffed Jake The Pirate in a choke-hold so the girls can't take it. It was the most adorable thing in the history of ever, so of course I had to snap photos. (Note: Both of the projects in this post were based on great Page Maps sketches by Becky Fleck.)

Disney Polynesian_Hotel_Scrapbook Layout

I used the same wonderful pack of Scenic Route that Fancy Nancy gave me to scrapbook another layout. I haven't ever scrapped much about being a foster parent through the state of Louisiana. We adopted both of our girls through the foster system. The pictures on this page are of my second day rooming in at the hospital with Jordan. She was on many different machines and I had to stay in the hospital with her to learn how to use them. She was the most tiny, precious baby ever. (At three months she was only 6 lbs. 11 oz.!) 

Foster Parenting_Scrapbook Page_Adoption

I wanted the project to have a very feminine, sweet feel and I think I achieved it. I really do think that this has to be one of my favorite pages that I've ever made. 


You remember how I said that I've put away my vacation pictures? I've already come up with a new, top secret project of EPIC proportions! I'll share more details soon, but I'm going to leave you with a hint in the photograph above. Secrets WILL be revealed and I'm actually very intimidated by this undertaking! 

12 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are both beautiful! LOVING the colors and the flowers on the second one!! And ohhhhhhhh she was tiny!! Glad you and hubby were there for her! :)

carol said...

I've been reading your blog for some time but haven't commented much, except to say thanks for a cut file. So I just wanted to tell you that I enjoy your work. These are two wonderful layouts!!

Alison said...

I seriously can.not wait to find out what you've got coming up. The anticipation is killing me!!

Debbie P said...

Love both of these layouts! Just precious! Can't wait to see what's to come!

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

your pages are adorable. you so totally rock that scenic route.

Cindy Gay said...

So sweet, especially the photo sequence of you and baby Jordan! Great job (Ronnie?) taking those photos.

Ashley Horton said...

Love both pages Heather!! Those photos on the first page are so cute and I love those gorgeous flowers on your second page!

Lizzy Hill said...

Yes, I agree with the other girls, both these pages are really, really gorgeous...I especially like the 2nd one...it's TOTALLY feminine, & I think it's the story that does it....you've really ROCKED using those papers....they look lovely to work with....& NOOOOOO! NOT Christmas stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sharon Fritchman said...

Hi Heather!
I cannot wait to hear about your newest endeavor!!!!
Both of these layouts are so beautiful and very special and heartwarming, too!
Hope you are having a wonderful summer!
Sending hugs!!!

Linda Jordan said...

These pages are gorgeous!! They are both such sweet stories too, thanks for sharing. Also, I can't wait to see what your secret project is!!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Lovely layouts!!

Cindy deRosier said...

Beautiful! I've said it about a thousand times before, but I REALLY miss Scenic Route.