Friday, July 5, 2013

Underwater Exploration: A Photo Update

I hope everyone had a great 4th of July! We've been taking it easy this week. All of Alexis and Jordan's therapists cancelled their appointments, and we were truly grateful to have some down time. The kids spent hours playing in their kiddie pool in the backyard. I took the photos below with my underwater camera but the actual underwater photos didn't turn out too well.


One night last week, two of my kiddos climbed into bed with me when they were scared due to a really loud thunderstorm. You just have to love those huge Summer storms. I find that they make me sleep better, but the little kids... Not so much!


It cooled down enough one evening to have dinner outside. I made turkey burgers and french fries! Everyone declared that they were the best ever!


Another photo of the kids hanging out in the pool... They did that a lot this week to beat the heat during the hottest part of the day!


While they're in the pool, I get a welcome break from keeping them entertained. Enough time to drink a cup of coffee and read a few pages in whatever book I'm driving into at the time. 


Last but not least, Brandon wants everyone to know that he is getting bigger. He says it's because he eats his brussels sprouts that he "gots muscles".


I'll have photos of our 4th of July celebration up soon and I also have new projects to share tomorrow!

4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loving the photos!! Looks like you all are having a great summer so far! LOVING Brandon's muscles!! Toooooooooo cute!!!

Debbie P said...

I love these photos! They speak Summer! tfs!

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

super cute photos. looks like a fun time splashing around in the baby pool.

Cindy deRosier said...

Love the pics!