Friday, July 12, 2013

Working Hard and Hardly Working: Photo Update

I completely forgot to share the photos that I took on the 4th of July! I got a handful of standout fireworks shots out of the 100+ that I took, and I got a bunch of adorable photos of my family. We didn't light any fireworks at my house, we lit a fire and sat outside to watch our neighbor's show.


We also made made S'mores! You just can't have a 4th of the July celebration without S'mores. I'm pretty sure that it's considered unpatriotic. (It could just be that the kids and I are obsessed with S'mores though.) Any excuse to light a fire and eat chocolate. Am I right?


Ronnie took the day off of work on Monday and my sister-in-law took us all out to see Monsters University. The kids asked me to take their photo in front of the MU poster. Aren't they cute?


We watched the 3-D version and I was worried that the kids wouldn't keep their glasses on the entire time. My worries were realized, but after a brief tantrum from Alexis it all worked out.


We had a play date on Tuesday with one of Jordan's friends. During the next play date, I'm not allowing any electronics. They had a good time, but it's hard for everyone to play together and interact if they're playing on the iPads. (He brought his to the play date.)


Speaking of the iPad, here's another obsessed kid. I usually only allow them to play at certain times. (About an hour in the morning, and a few minutes before bed.) Brandon looks like a glow worm! 


Alexis had a therapy appointment on Wednesday. I snapped this photo while we were waiting because Jordan's outfit cracked me up. Every single thing she had on was pink and glittery. Justice overload! I couldn't lose her in the dark. She's such a girly girl.


After Alexis' appointment, we came home to play Candy Land. There was some arguing and a bit of yelling, but they managed to avoid full on fighting. The girls try to boss Brandon around a lot. He told Jordan the other day, "You can't boss me anymore because I'm bigger than you!" And he is... by about an inch now. 


Jordan woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. She didn't want to go to therapy and she didn't want to put on her braces at all. (AKA Robot Legs) She usually runs around in them and yells "Beep, Boop, I am a robot!" Today her beeps and boops were slow and sad. She was a tired robot. Thankfully, she cheered up a little when Brandon and Alexis built her a castle to sit in while we were waiting for her therapist to come take her to the back.


I have two more Christmas scrapbook pages that I'll be sharing soon, and I have another SVG file with a snowflake theme. Stick around!

5 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Great pics!! And it looks like Alexis is GETTING taller!! Wow!

Cindy deRosier said...

That fireworks photo looks professional! Good job photographing one of the most difficult subjects ever!

Debbie P said...

Awesome photos! Love the 4th photos!

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

great photos! you are such an awesome

Linda Jordan said...

So many fun photos!! I love s'mores too, but we didn't get any for the 4th of July...now I'm craving them!! Haha