Friday, August 9, 2013

Dear Santa Claus: Father Christmas Update

I'm going to be really honest right now. I made these layouts a week ago. I've been scrambling to get everything ready for homeschool and I've been so stressed out. I haven't scrapped for a single minute and I miss it like crazy. 

I've also been bummed because someone made a nasty comment about homeschooling to me and it really got me down for a few days. I finally figured out that it wasn't my issue, but hers. I'm on my merry way to moving on!

Today was our first day of homeschool and it went pretty well. Only one massive meltdown by my resident nine year old perfectionist. I can't blame her. I'm a perfectionist too and I totally got why she was so upset. (I'm not so sure that this spelling program is going to work for her.) After a few hugs, she got back on track. I love my little diva! Alexis is at school today too and I'm really hoping that she does well. She got the Science teacher that she wanted and I'm praying that helps.

I'll have first day of school photos and other stuff tomorrow. Hopefully. (I still have to edit them.) For now, here are my latest Father Christmas Project pages. 

1. Dear Santa Claus


The project above is a hodgepodge of leftover supplies. Now that it's finished, there are some things I wish I'd have done differently. I'm calling it done just because I have too many pictures left to scrap.

2. Nativity


I like this layout a lot more. I kept it clean and simple to keep the focus on the hilarious photos. The nativity play at my grandparents' house always starts out very seriously but ends in craziness. For example, Joseph (AKA Christian) waving a flyswatter at baby Jesus (AKA Zachary) because he wouldn't stay in the manger. Sigh.

8 comments:

Debbie P said...

I love both of these layouts! Beautifully done! As far as the nasty comment about homeschooling, that person should be ashamed of themselves. You are right, that is their problem if they don't believe in it. Don't let other people's misguided words get into your head. Only you know what's best for you and your family! Hugs!

Pam said...

People can be so rude sometimes !

I admire those that homeschool, It's not something I could do. Somebody would be dead LOL I know the limits of my patience.

Linda Jordan said...

I hope homeschooling is going good for you!! As a public school kid gonna marry a homeschooled kid, we have the debate constantly about "which is better", but honestly it really depends on the kid + the parents + the situation. My bf went to one of the best law schools in the country, so I'd have to say that homeschooling did him right! I'm sure you know what is best for your children, as their mother you know them better than anyone, so don't let anyone else get you down about it :)

I love your layouts, and I think the first one is absolutely amazing, I wouldn't change a thing!! I am a sucker for that gold dotted vellum though + the b&w photos fit perfectly :)

Cindy deRosier said...

Very nice! I'm curious what you would have done differently with the first. I really like it.

Michelle said...

I like both pages. You have that much wanted dot vellum that everybody is talking about. ;)

Don't let snide words/innuendos from certain unmentionables around you bring you down. The kids will be just fine. You have a great network and lot of homeschooling parent friends. The comment above from Linda says it well. Also look at Nancy's Brighton. Homeschooled and is going into college and doing fabulously! :) Your kids will thrive and do so well!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So sorry about the mean comments!! That makes me sad ... I think what you are doing is great!! Some kid this week at Brookie's school asked what was wrong with her face ...still hard for us to hear questions like that ... even when it's from a kid... LOVING your lo's!! They are turning out AWESOME!!!

Ashley Horton said...

These are my two new favorites, Heather! Love the polka dot vellum paper on the first page and the woodgrain on the second! And don't worry about crazies, who have bad stuff to say about homeschooling...they are just bitter that their parents wanted to get rid of them and send them off to school! HA!

Cassandra aka Scrap Savvy said...

These are both great Heather! Love the story on the second one. Too funny! Way to keep at the Christmas project.:)

Try not to let others get you down. To each their own and unless they spend time in your shoes, they cannot speak to it. You are doing what you feel is best for your family. That is all that matters. Keep your head up.