Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Eskimo Kisses: Father Christmas Update

I've managed to get two more Christmas scrapbook pages completed! Of course, I'm still working on my Father Christmas project. (It feels like I've been working on it forever.) This week I used Basic Grey's Eskimo Kisses paper and embellishments as my main source of supplies. I also pulled a few random embellishments from my stash to make everything work together.

This first layout features photos of Jordan on Christmas morning. She was so excited to finally be old enough to have an American Girl doll. We bought her Molly, her dog, a few outfits, and a wheelchair so Molly could be just like Jordan. I can't tell you how awesome I think American Girl is for offering that option!

I kept my design really simple on this project to focus on the pictures because they are such an important memory for me. I feel like using a grid with a minimal amount of supporting embellishments works well when I want to focus on telling an important story.

American Girl_Christmas Scrapbook Page
My second page includes photos from a Christmas celebration at Ronnie's parents' house. The kids were opening their presents, and I thought it would be sweet to journal about what they received so they could remember years from now. We all had a wonderful time together!

Family_Christmas Celebration_Scrapbook Layout
































This project started as a take on a PageMaps sketch, but I went off on a tangent when I realized that I didn't have piece of paper big enough for one of the required layers.

5 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are gorgeous!! LOVING the grid design on the first one!!!

Debbie P said...

Both layouts are awesome! Love her doll! That is soooo cute!

Cindy deRosier said...

I love these layouts! You are doing such a great job with all the Christmas layouts. I'm so impressed with how different they all look from each other. I think a lot of people would end up with several years' worth that all looked basically the same, but yours are totally unique.

Ashley Horton said...

Love the BG on both pages, Heather!! And what sweet photos of Jordan with the her American Doll! LOVE those!!

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

totally cute christmas pages. love the designs and use of bg papers.