Monday, August 12, 2013

Pretty Ribbon Organization Solutions

I don't know about y'all, but I am very much an "out of sight, out of mind" person. I make an active effort to keep several groups of scrappy supplies in my line of sight to make sure that I use them. Ribbon is definitely something I keep visible in my space. If I don't see it, I don't use it! 

I'd like to share a few photos of the way I store my ribbon, and I have the SVG file that I created in case you'd like to try it too. You can make the SVG bigger if you store a lot of wide ribbon. I used very sturdy chipboard and the multi-cut feature so the ribbon cards would be as strong as possible. As you can see, I sort my ribbon by color. I recently went on a huge ribbon purging spree and I still have a ton. 

Free SVG File_Ribbon Organizing Method

I hang all of the little cards on a large cup hook and they make for a really pretty, very accessible display right above my desk. Make sure you get the hook into a stud, not just in your drywall. The ribbon is heavier than it looks!

Unique Ribbon Organization_Fun Display

Click on the following link to download your free svg for fun ribbon organization! Please don't forget to respect my terms of use.

9 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

What a great idea!! I loveeeeeeeee it!!!

Cindy deRosier said...

Very clever! My ribbon is in tubs - one tub for ribbon on rolls and one tub for cut pieces.

Tcee said...

I would love this file but no link is listed on your blog. I also got your email but the link did not work. How can I get this file? Thank you

Heather Landry said...

Tcee, The link is a hotlink in the bottom paragraph. Here it is again.

http://www.4shared.com/file/2FUgcWx8/HL_RibbonHolder.html

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Thanks for sharing!!! :D

Cassandra aka Scrap Savvy said...

Great idea and cool to create a cut file. You smart girl! TFS!)

Sharon Fritchman said...

Hey thanks, Heather, for sharing this with us! You always have such wonderful ideas!!!!

vicki said...

This is such a great idea thank you for sharing :)
Hugs
Vic

S said...

You are right about seeing them gets you using them, but I'm a ribbon on the roll or spool kinda gal. I have a whole drawer full, which I admit get used more on gifts that cards or layouts.