Friday, August 23, 2013

See Tree?: Father Christmas Update

I managed to finish another scrapbook page the weekend before last in the midst of getting everything ready for homeschool. All of my friends that homeschool swear that we'll get into more of a routine, and I'm hoping it happens soon. Scrapbooking is my way of decompressing and currently I'm having to decide between sleep and scrapbooking. Guess which one is winning? 

I'm still working with my Basic Grey Eskimo Kisses paper pack and embellishments. This time I also pulled some Hambly rub ons, various bling, and Paper Wishes brads that my grandma got me a long time ago. The Christmas tree branch came from a Hydrangea Hippo kit. I just HAD to use it, but it makes my page super dimensional because I had to pop everything up to accommodate for the height of the branch. 

Christmas Tree_Branch_Funny Scrapbook Page

This was the year that Brandon drove us all nuts with his obsession over the Christmas tree. While we were decorating he kept asking, "See tree?". We kept saying... "Yes, See tree!". He must've said it half a million times, so I thought it would be a great story to document.

9 comments:

Sharon Fritchman said...

An absolutely beautiful Chrsitmas page! You go girl!

Lizzyc said...

Oh it is those special little stories we need to document and keep in our memories.. very cute layout. love the 3 photos and lovely flower..

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

What a great story to document! LOVING the colors, the photos and the snowflakes!!!

Cindy deRosier said...

It's beautiful! We need an updated picture of your stack of unscrapped Christmas photos. I bet it's looking pretty skimpy now.

Debbie P said...

Another awesome layout! Give yourself a break, you just started homeschooling. Just like anything new, it takes a bit of time to settle in!

Doreen Vasquez said...

I love the stories you're sharing on your layouts... they are "outside of the box" as far as traditional "Christmas Journaling" goes, while still fitting w/ the Christmas pictures. Plus I bet they are very helpful when it comes to trying to figure out a title for your page!
Two thumbs up! :0)

Ashley Horton said...

Love the pretty flowers mixed with the snowflakes, on this page Heather!

Cindy Gay said...

Like the background papers and strips behind the memorable photos.

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

this is so pretty. love the layers.