Saturday, September 14, 2013

Christmas Greetings: Father Christmas Project Update

I had an extensive scrappy day yesterday with a good friend. We both needed the break! I hustled through three more Christmas scrapbook pages for my Father Christmas series, and it won't be long before I'm completely done. I'm beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Ha! In the meantime, I have a few projects that I made last week to share.

This layout was inspired by one of the sketches that I posted on my blog recently. I really wanted to use the chipboard frame, but it didn't fit the photos I had. I didn't want to crop them, so I used it as a stand alone element on the page. It looked bare, and I thought adding a few ornaments would dress it up nicely. This project features pictures of my nephew getting lots of cuddles on Christmas Eve at my grandparent's house.

Christmas Baby_Ornament_Scrapbook


I'm seriously running out of ideas for layouts that use quite a few photos, so I've started lifting some of my older pages. This is a total lift of my Wild Thing project that I made a few years ago. Of course, my style has evolved a bit so this is more embellished than the previous layout. This page includes pictures of the kids decorating our Christmas tree in 2011.

Christmas Kids_Scrapbook Page_Layout Holly
Both of the projects above include a hodgepodge of leftover Basic Grey scraps from the Dasher, Joival, and Fruitcake collections. I also used random stamps and other goodies that I pulled from my stash.

9 comments:

Cindy Gay said...

Beautiful job Heather! Good idea on the stand alone frame!

Cindy deRosier said...

Yea for the light at the end of the tunnel! I LOVE that second layout. Definitely one I'll be lifting.

Debbie P said...

I love both of these! But I think my favorite of the two is the first one. Beautifully done!

Ashley Horton said...

Great idea lifting some of your older layouts, for your Christmas pages Heather!! Glad to hear you are getting close to finishing!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are gorgeous!! I loveeeeeee the ornaments on the first one!!!!

Sharon Fritchman said...

Heather, I love both layouts! Your photos are always amazing, I love your journaling, and the use of your sketch! Guess what?! I used the exact same sketch for the layour I just posted today! I wanted to stop by to thank you for posting your sketches that are so creative! THANKS!!!!!

S said...

Oh, I pinned both those pages. Fab work!

Ange said...

Great layouts!! I really love the ornaments on the first one and a great lift of yourself on the second.

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

love, love, love.