Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Father Christmas Final Post

I am so happy! I finally finished my Father Christmas project. It took me two months, but I am officially current as far as scrapping Christmas photos. I'm so thrilled to share my final six Christmas layouts with you. 

My first two pages use a mix of Basic Grey's Jovial, Fruitcake, and Dasher collections. I wanted to scrap this sweet picture of Alexis in front of the Christmas tree. I couldn't just throw these fabulous Basic Grey tags away, so I managed to tuck a ton of them into my design. If you look closely, you can see that I used quite a few foam dots to add dimension to this project.

Christmas Tree_Tags_Daughter_Posed Photo_Scrapbook



This photo totally makes me smile. I am utterly obsessed with my Keurig coffee machine, and of course I had to share the love/obsession with my Mom. I got her a Keurig for Christmas and she grinned from ear to ear. It's a very happy memory, and I just had to make a layout about her reaction to my gift.

Christmas Present_Happy Mom_Scrapbook Page
The last Christmas collection in my stash was Cosmo Cricket's Dear Mr. Claus. I won it in a contest a few years ago, and I'd yet to use it. I tried to choose designs that allowed me to use small amounts of patterned paper so I could stretch the kit to scrap all of my remaining Christmas pictures.

I actually scrapbooked some older photos from a choir concert where I sang a solo in front of 300+ people. That's the reason I look absolutely terrified in the picture taken before the solo. Luckily, it all went well! This page is a lift of sketch #101 by Inspired Blueprints.

Christmas_Choir_Performance_Scrapbook_Page



Miss Jordan has always been a total diva, so I wasn't surprised when she was really worried about what to wear when she carried on an important family tradition. (Singing in the choir.) She settled on a beautiful plaid dress with tiny little heels and she was lovely in it. I used a bunch of die cuts on this project because my Cricut was missing me.

Christmas_Choir Concert_Daughter_Dress Up_Scrapbook



My grandparents are lucky to have a fabulous bunch of great-grandchildren, and I took a group photo of everyone a few years ago. I figured that I'd scrap this picture since there are four new great-grandkids now and it's time to update the group photo. I left a lot of room for journaling because I knew that I'd want to list each of the kids' names.

Cosmo Cricket_Scrapbook Page_Christmas_Group Photo
This is the last layout that I finished. As you can see, at the end of this Father Christmas project I was running out of title ideas and embellishments. I scrapped pictures of Brandon with his preschool class after their wonderful Christmas performance at the school. I can't believe that it's already been two years since I snapped this photo. Where has all of the time gone?

Preschool_Christmas Performance_Cosmo Cricket


Are you curious about the grand total of projects? I made 31 layouts and 9 cards in all. I didn't think that I made that many until I went back and counted everything. I'm glad that I stuck with it and managed to complete what I planned. That's one more thing scratched off of my to-do list. Next, I'll be sorting photos to scrap about Brandon's 2012 football season.

13 comments:

Vivian Lake said...

These are all so lovely! Thanks for sharing!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Yayyyyyyyyyy for finishing!!!!! These are all AWESOME!!! I am loving the colors, the photos and loveeeeeeeeee the tags on the first one!!

Cindy deRosier said...

Congrats!! I can't imagine how good it must feel to have these done. And how fun it must be to work with supplies that aren't Christmas! Looking forward to seeing the football (and, I assume, cheerleading) pages soon.

Doreen Vasquez said...

A huge congratulations to you! I will never get caught up w/ Christmas photos because my ADD won't let me! LOL!
And you already know I love your layouts and will be stealing, errr...scraplifting, some of the designs from you! :0)

Debbie P said...

You go girl! Awesome job! Give yourself a pat on the back! And just in time for a new Christmas to document coming up!

Linda Jordan said...

Congrats on completing your project! And these look amazing :) Just in time for Christmas 2013 ;) haha, just kidding. I can't wait to see the football layouts!!

A said...

Great job Heather, I am loving it all!

Ashley Horton said...

WooHoo!! You got so much accomplished Heather, and these layouts layouts are great too!! I've loved seeing your Father Christmas posts!!

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

congrats! great job on the pages. now to start on disney?

Doreen Vasquez said...

Hey girly! Just wanted to let you know if you by the new NKOTB cd, buy it at Target because the CD they sell has 2 extra tracks. Only Target has this (supposedly). BTW the boys snuck in an extra track that isn't even listed on the CD. They're so sneaky! ;0) So you're actually getting 15 songs instead of the 14 that is listed on the cd. Cool beans!
One more thing. If you get the chance, check this out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN1EFs9XQoc (sorry I couldn't make it a link so you'll have to copy and paste). It's the video to their first single "Remix (I Like The)".

Cindy Gay said...

I love them all Heather, and yes I am totally in love with the photo of your Mother after you described it!

Sharon Fritchman said...

WOW Heather! You did it! I absolutely LOVE all of your wonderful layouts! And I agree with Cindy - the photo of your mom is priceless!!!!!

Amanda Sevall said...

You always amaze and inspire me with your productivity!! I know I said it on facebook, but I have to say it again -- I LOVE THESE LAYOUTS!!! :) As always, I can't wait to see what you make next!! ;)