Saturday, September 7, 2013

Ho! Ho! Ho!: Father Christmas Update

I apologize for not posting much over the past week or two. We've been dealing with more public school issues with Alexis, and I'm even entertaining pulling her out to homeschool her against her wishes. She's only four weeks in and there are already so many issues. I'm going to find an advocate at this time, but if the problems aren't resolved soon... I'm done!

I feel like I've been neglecting my blog, so I wanted to pop in and share a few of my recent scrapbook pages. Of course, they're Father Christmas layouts. I'm still making headway with the huge pile of photos. It's definitely looking like I'm going to run out of supplies before I use all of my pictures. I may have to go shopping. (Awww... shucks!)

These projects were made with scraps from Basic Grey's Eskimo Kisses, Dasher, Fruitcake, and Jovial lines. I also pulled a few random embellishments from my stash. This first page features photos of Miss J on a super happy Christmas morning. The journaling is about my wish that every child in the world could be as happy as Jordan was that morning. 

Christmas Present_Scrapbook Page_World News_Joy
My second layout includes pictures of Jordan and Brandon's visit with Santa Claus a few years ago. A neighbor invited Jordan to a VFW party for special needs kids. (Alexis couldn't come because she was sick, but we brought stuff home for her.) This project was inspired by a sketch from the Creative Sketches site

Mrs. Claus_Santa Claus_Scrapbook Project_Banner And Scallop

7 comments:

Sharon Fritchman said...

Hi Heather! I love your Christmas pages! They are so full of merriment and wonder - your designs are amazing. Christmas will be here before we know it this year! You better watch out!!!!!
(And thanks again for posting your sketches here - I am using your latest for my next layout!)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Sorry to hear about the problems with Alexis and school ....

I loveeeeeeeeeeee your lo's!!! LOVING that BG collection!!! I think I used up the last of mine last Christmas with cards! LOL!!! I loveeeeeeeeeee how the wood grain paper on the first lo matches Jordan's PJ's to a tee!!!!

Cindy deRosier said...

Beautiful layouts!

So sorry to hear that there have been issues with Alexis' school. Good for you for fighting for what she deserves. I hope it all is resolved quickly and easily.

Debbie P said...

I'm loving the layouts! The photos are priceless! I'm sorry to hear your having so many troubles. That's what my daughter in law is struggling with as well. By the way, thanks so much for the info. I really appreciate it. She' still trying to decide what to do. I think she knows it will be a big bite to chew. But I have offered to help. Keep your chin up. Hugs!

Ashley Horton said...

Sorry to hear about the school problems, Heather!! I hope you guys can get everything worked out!! More awesome Christmas pages!! Love both of these!

Linda Jordan said...

Love your pages + it's fun seeing christmas pages this time of year, gets me ready for the colder weather to hit!! I hope everything works out with Alexis' school, idk what's going on but I'm sure you'll figure it out!!

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

more super cute holiday pages. so still think you should come and do mine. lol. i would tell you good luck with A school, but......