Monday, September 9, 2013

Saturday Night Munchies: Photography Update

I'm back with my weekly photography update. Miss J had to get her optic nerves scanned Tuesday morning. They found some damage to her optic nerve last year that they attributed to her premature birth. There has been some concern that the damage may be getting worse, so she had to get updated scans. Unfortunately, we won't know if it's worsened for at least two weeks. The waiting is killing us, and any prayers would definitely be appreciated.


Jordan behaved really well during the scan, so we brought the kids to Subway for lunch. Ronnie let them choose the ingredients so it was a grand adventure. When I go, I order everything for them because I know what they will actually eat.


I forgot to mention that Jordan's stuffed monkey came to Subway with us. (It's as big as she is.) She put Genevieve in her own seat and we got some strange looks. It's okay, we're homeschooling now. I'm sure there will be many more weird looks before the kids graduate.


Speaking of homeschool, our art project this week was Navajo sand art. We dyed our own sand, drew patterns, and made humongous messes. The end result was very pretty, but the kids had a hard time filling the shapes with glue. (Mine: Bottom Left, Brandon: Top Right, Jordan: Bottom Right.)


We decided to cancel our homeschool day on Friday. It was for a teeny tiny, very cute reason! Jordan didn't get to meet her second cousin when she was born. (Jordan was sick and we didn't want Karli to catch any germs.) When I told her that we were going to visit Karli, she was over the moon. Brandon surprised me with his reaction. He was very interested in holding and playing with the baby. In this picture it looks like he's saying, "No Jordan, it's my turn." 


Miss J and Karli had some serious cuddle time. Jordan snuggled up with her in the recliner and sang her lots of sweet songs. I really don't think that she wanted to give her back to her Momma when we had to leave. She asked me for a new brother or sister on the way home and I immediately responded with, "Not gonna happen".


We had a late night on Saturday because it was my night to teach in the special needs kid's room at Church of the King. We ran through the drive through on the way home because it was 8:30 and I was super tired. I caught some movement out of the corner of my eye and noticed something else having a late dinner. My kids were highly entertained. Apparently raccoons party all night at Taco Bell! 


We spent part of our Sunday catching up on the school work that we missed on Friday. It was a quiet, productive day. I've definitely learned that flexibility is of the best things about homeschooling!

Guess what? I'll be back in a day or two with a new SVG freebie. I'm working on getting the sketch and template team back up and running as well.

9 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loving the photos!!! And will be praying that her tests come back good!!!

Cindy deRosier said...

I love your Navajo art! What a fun project! I hope you get good news from the ophthalmologist soon.

Doreen Vasquez said...

As I read your post I kept thinking...uh-oh, someone is going to be asking for a little brother or sister! And yup I was right! Hahahahahahaha!

Hope all is well w/ Jordan and her eyes. Sending well-wishes your way!
:0)

Debbie P said...

oh my gosh, that raccoon photo is so funny! That is sooo awesome! My fave is the kids holding the baby. Especially your daughter snuggling with the baby. I can almost smell the new baby smell. Praying things go well for your daughter!

Pam said...

Love the monkey. Been there dealt with that. If someone stared at us, I stared right back. When you have an Autistic child you get used to those looks. You do what you have to do to get through the day.

Love the raccoon picture. We had one up on the back porch that learned how to open the Home Depot bucket the cat food was in. LOL Determined little critter.

A said...

My fingers are crossed for the test results Heather.

Cindy Gay said...

Great art work from the kids (they have a very good teacher:) Adorable photos of the kids with the baby!

Linda Jordan said...

I hope everything turns out good for Jordan! It seems like you're really settling into your groove with the homeschooling too, that's great :)

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

fun photos. homeschooling rocks. hugs and prayers for J.