Tuesday, October 15, 2013

A Happy Adventure: Mother's Restaurant

It's been forever since I've had time to post. I have had a little time to scrapbook here and there, but the photos have been piling up without time to share. I decided to grab a minute today for a quick post.

I took the pictures on the layout below in downtown New Orleans. Ronnie and I went out to lunch after chaperoning Jordan's field trip to the Aquarium of the Americas. He'd been raving about Mother's Restaurant for years, and I finally got a chance to go. There was a huge line outside just to get into the building. Crazy, but so worth it!

Restaurant_New Orleans_Scrapbook Page_Transparency
















I took a few close up photos so I could share more of the details. Here's a view of the journaling and title work. 

Happy Adventure_Scrapbook Page
The layered banners at the top were easy to pull together by fussy cutting pieces out of the journaling cards and patterned papers. 

Washi Tape_Tags_Banner_Scrapbook


I hope to be back soon so I can share more completed pages. I have another set of SVG's in the works as well. I'm planning to post those in the next week, so stick around!

8 comments:

Debbie P said...

Beautiful job! That does look yummy!

Cindy Gay said...

Lots of neat layers!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Gorgeous!!! I love love loveeeeeee the colors and the photos!!!!!

Ashley Horton said...

Awesome page Heather! One of my favorite reasons for coming to NO, is for the food!! We'll have to add this one to our list!!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

You've captured this brilliantly! Awesome!!! Love this layout! Really cool!

Amanda Sevall said...

Another gorgeous layout Heather! Love the colors and design as usual ;)

Linda Jordan said...

Gorgeous page! And that does sound yummy...I love po' boys, I would love to have one from Louisiana!

Cindy deRosier said...

"World's Best Baked Ham" and you had a sandwich? Have you tried this allegedly world's best ham?