Tuesday, October 22, 2013

All About Me: Brandon

I'm a big fan of scrapping everyday life. I know that the little memories are what matter most to me. When I think back on my childhood, there isn't a particular Christmas that I remember. There isn't a specific birthday memory that makes me extremely happy either. It wasn't that I didn't have a great time, they all just seem to blend together.

The memories that really warm my heart are everyday memories. The time my Paw Paw put my bike inside of his van to go put air in my tires. The way he'd take me out to breakfast and brag to anyone who would listen about his fabulous granddaughter. Scraping my Maw Maw's green ceramics to bits on the driveway of their house, and the way she would let me use her makeup to dress up. I didn't understand until much later that most kids used the not so great kiddie makeup sets. No sir, not me. I got the real stuff!

I tend to feel that scrapping special occasions is hard! It's just not my style and I never know how to journal creatively. (I sometimes wish it was my style because some of the themed scrapbook paper is crazy cute!) That's why I had so many Christmas photos to get through during my Father Christmas project

I find that I'm drawn to pictures like the one below. Waking up to find Brandon writing and drawing in his bed on a lazy weekend day... that's something I want to remember! I thought it would be really neat to document one of the ways my boy is just like me. 

Boy_Creative Artist_Writer_Scrapbook Page





















He loves to write, draw, and create. Brandon's always asking me how to spell something so he can "write a book". He writes and illustrates his own stories. I have slips of paper all over the house with notes, drawings, and letters on them. He's a little creative whirlwind, just like his Momma. I love that he woke up early and had an idea that he just HAD to write down. I can't tell you how many times I've done that!

I'm still working with a yellow, teal, and neutral color scheme. Mostly because I have SO much teal in my stash right now. The design of this page was inspired by a wonderful layout by Kelly Goree called "My Little Man".

9 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous!! I love love love the colors, the photo and loving all the circle bits!! Scrapping everyday life is the best!!!!!!

Charlotte Brochu said...

I really like the colors in this layout and it's a very nice design too!

Debbie P said...

What a wonderful layout Heather. Such a special memory. The layout is gorgeous!

Cindy Gay said...

Just perfect!

S said...

I love this page.

Ashley Horton said...

I am with you 100%, Heather! I would much rather scrap an everyday photo over a special occasion photo, any day!! Really love this layout design and the cute b&w photo with the color choices!

A said...

I love this post Heather. And I agree, everyday moments matter the most.

Chantal Vandenberg said...

This is wonderful, Heather! I love your layout and your post!! :D

Cindy deRosier said...

Such a great page! I love that you're documenting what makes each of your three unique and special. I'll bet anything Brandon will end up in a creative career.