Friday, October 18, 2013

Sunshiny Scrapbook Pages

I've been working through some of my older kits and I've managed to completely finish two of them recently. I'll be loading some of the layouts over the next week or so. I have two to share today! The first one features a treasured photo of my grandpa at Navy boot camp in 1957. My grandma loaned me a bunch of older pictures so I could scan them and reprint them. 

I thought the anchor washi tape and the free anchor SVG that I created would be a perfect match for a slightly themed project. I didn't want it to be completely over the top. I used quite a few older goodies from my stash including Scenic Route chipboard numbers.

Navy_Scrapbook Page_Washi Tape_Die Cut Anchor
Here's another older photo that I decided to scrap. It's a baby picture of Ronnie that his Mom loaned me so I could scan it. Everyone always says that Brandon looks like Ronnie, but he looked a lot more like me when he was little. This page was inspired by a PageMaps sketch from the fabulous Becky Fleck. I used more anchor washi tape on this layout as well. It was on my desk, it matched the color scheme, and I figured anchors were pretty masculine! 

Baby Boy_Washi Tape_Banner_Stitching























That's all for now, but I plan to write an epic photo post soon to update everyone on what we've been doing around here.

7 comments:

Cindy Gay said...

Love Boot Camp!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Fantastic layouts!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhh these are gorgeous!!! I love love love the colors and the photos!!!!!

Ashley Horton said...

Awesome pages Heather!! Love the mix of light Teal and Yellow together!

Charlotte Brochu said...

Love the layering in your pages! You have a great talent in putting together your pages!

Debbie P said...

I love both of these layouts Heather! Gorgeous product choices and very well designed!

Cindy deRosier said...

These are both amazing! I love that you're scrapping older pictures too.