Saturday, November 9, 2013

Get In The Water Layout: Beachy Humor

It's been over a week since I posted, but I have a great excuse! I've been busy scrapbooking so I could finish using more older kits. That's good news, because now I'll have bunches of content for my blog. 

Today's layout uses three photos of my silly brother yelling at a decidedly dead fish on the beach in Mississippi. He was highly insulted that the fish was on the beach and declared that it should "GET IN THE WATER!". He was so obsessed that we finally had to go throw the fish in the water just so he would calm down.

Little Boy_Beach Layout_Travel Scrapbook





















My design is a blatant lift of Lydia Jackson's All Jacked Up project on page 20 of the October 2013 issue of Creating Keepsakes. The "Go" stamp is an older one that I created when I worked for Scraptastic Club, and the kit is an older Scraptastic kit.

10 comments:

Michelle said...

Cute page!! I see more of those buttons. ;) Let me know if you want more. LOL

Cindy Gay said...

Love it Heather!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I have missed you my friend!! I loveeeeeeeeee this!! LOVING the colors, the layers and loving the photos!!!!!

Cindy deRosier said...

Adorable! Such a cute story and great use of color and pattern.

Sharon Fritchman said...

Yay, Heather! I am so happy that you had the time to scrap! And this layout is absolutely adorable! I really, really love the photos and your story behind the layout, too!

Ashley Horton said...

Such a fun story, Heather!! Love the colors you used on this page to give it a beachy look!!

Debbie P said...

Oh my gosh, this is so stinkin' adorable! I love it! Everything about it is so awesome! I'm glad you have been busy creating!

Isbaha said...

This is a beautiful layout, the colors are perfect for the photos ! And such a funny memomry...

Linda Jordan said...

Cute page, what a funny story! Scraplifting layouts is always a fun way to get inspired + make them your own, I do it all the time :)

Ange said...

Oh wow, gorgeous! Love the colors and the photos are fantastic. Love how well they go with the colors of the layout. Funny story too. :)