Thursday, November 21, 2013

iPhoneography: Everyday Life

Alexis is having her eye surgery this morning, so prayers and good thoughts would be very appreciated. I'm sure everything will be fine, but she's nervous and so am I. 

Brandon has been obsessed with having Sophie sleep in his bed, but Sophie isn't interested at all. She was supposed to be Brandon's dog, but she's under the impression that she belongs wherever I am. She sleeps on my feet in the bed. The other night, Ronnie decided to make him a very happy little boy by letting him sleep with Sophie in our bed.


Brandon's been super tired after basketball practice several times a week. He's very excited to play his first game, and he's keeping a running count of how many baskets he makes. The girls and I ask him what the total is every time he comes home from practice! 


Last Friday, we went to my grandparents' house to see how the renovations were coming. We brought my grandpa a cake because the kids were highly upset that "Nobody baked their poor Paw Paw a birthday cake". They asked him what kind of cake he had when they called on his birthday, and they found the lack of cake totally unacceptable. 


They are all fascinated with the old boat in the pond in the backyard, and they decided that they needed to pull it out so they could see it. They were having a hard time pulling it out and Jordan said she needed some water to reduce friction on the hull. They did eventually move it a bit, but only with some help from my cousin.


Sophie has definitely made herself at home, and this is her new spot. She sleeps on the arm of the couch with her head on the end table. Brandon is always wherever she is. She follows me, and he follows her. It's an all day thing.


We went to small group at Church Of The King on Monday and the kids put their heads in the cut outs of the knight and the princess. 


All of the kids got to play in the empty tube zone while the adults had a nice chat. It's nice to have some grown up time with our kids being so content to hang out together.


I have two more little boy themed layouts that I created with the massive Echo Park kit I made, and I'll be back soon to share them.

7 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Praying all goes well with the surgery!! xoxo!! Loving all the photos!!!! Looks like you have been busy!!!!

Doreen Vasquez said...

Animals are funny like that! Our cat is supposed to be my daughter's but she follows my husband around everywhere...and he hates cats! LOL!
Love the princess/prince cut-out picture! Brandon is "wearing" that suit of armor proudly!

Cindy deRosier said...

Looking forward to seeing more from the MEPK (Massive Echo Park Kit)!

Debbie P said...

What fun photos! What a sweet photo of your son & dog in the big bed! Lots of prayers coming your way for your daughter! Hope all goes well!

Sharon Fritchman said...

You take the most amazing photos with your iphone!!! I really mean it! I love them all. Thanks so much for sharing them with us. I will continue to keep Alexis in my prayers, too.

Courtney said...

Hopefully the surgery went well. That dog is pretty cute, I can see why your little guy loves her.

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

what fun photos. hope all is going well.