Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Pumpkins, Volunteering, and a Little Dog Too!

I never did post our pumpkin patch and Halloween photos! I'm totally slacking. Fall is a really busy season for us, and I take a ton of pictures. I decided to make a few collages so I could shorten the length of my blog post. 

We visited the pumpkin patch the last weekend before Halloween. It was absolutely insane, but the kids had a great time. The corn maze was new, but the covered wagon wasn't. The kids get their picture taken on it every year. I decided to edit the photos with a creamy action because we went right at lunch time and the sun was glaring. I think it softens them a bit.

We went to a library Halloween party a few days before the big day. I was able to get some lovely portraits of the kiddos in their Halloween costumes. The one of Brandon fussing at me cracks me up. Apparently, I was under arrest. Who knew!?

Of course, we had to carve the pumpkins that we got at the pumpkin patch! Everyone around here knows that I am completely, utterly grossed out by pumpkin guts. I bribe my family and friends to get them out for me every Halloween. Miss J was trying to torture me in the picture on the bottom right. Ewww.... guts! 

I've also been volunteering like a crazy at our church. They opened a new building last weekend and all of the volunteers have pitched in to assemble furniture. I'm on the childcare team as well, and I pulled extra shifts with the five year old class after my regular service time. The new children's area reminds me of Disney World, it's just beautiful!

Something else has been keeping me busy as well. The cutie pie in the photos below is named Sophie, and she's the newest addition to our home. I got an email through my homeschool group from someone looking to re-home an older cocker spaniel. She's obedience trained, house trained, crate trained, and super patient with the kids. Jordan has brushed her so much that her coat sparkles in the sun. It's a good thing that she doesn't mind!

She came from a home where her owner went off to college, and she was left behind with his Mom. She was super lonely without anyone to play with, so they decided to find her a home with younger kids to love on her. Yay for us! We already love her to bits, and the best part? Every time I'm asleep, if the kids come to ask me a question she barks at them like... "Can't you see she's sleeping?" I've started calling her "Nap Defender". 






















That's all for now, but I'm sure I'll be back soon with some layouts to share. I made a HUGE kit with a bunch of boy-themed Echo Park scraps and I've been scrapping up a storm.

7 comments:

Debbie P said...

What fun photos! Love them!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loving the photos and Sophie is sooooooooooooo cute!!!!!

Cindy Gay said...

Love Sophie! Great pictures of the kids in costumes.

Cindy deRosier said...

Great pics! Congrats on the new family member - she's adorable.

Linda Jordan said...

Wow, you have been having a busy season!! I love the action you used on the pumpkin patch photos, they are gorgeous. The costumes are cute too, Brandon's pose is great! I've loved seeing all the puppy photos on instagram, what a great surprise for the kids + perfect addition to the family!!

Sharon Fritchman said...

Oh Heather! I love all of these photos and am so happy that you shared them with us! I love, LOVE Sophie!!!! So adorable! And you have such a wonderful family - it warms my heart to visit your blog!

Courtney said...

Visits to the pumpkin patch are my favorite things about fall. Love the new member of your family.