Friday, December 27, 2013

A Month (And A Half) In Photos

I have definitely been missing in action here on my blog. (I explained in previous posts how choir and basketball made everything else impossible.) The girls are finished with choir and it was worth every minute of practice. Scroll down for video proof! Now that Christmas is over, I'm just starting to get back into my schedule. I hope to be back to regular updates soon. 

Today, I'd like to share a few shots of what we did while I was away. I just realized that I never even shared Thanksgiving pictures. It's official. I'm a slacker, but not as much of a bum as the guys were on Thanksgiving. This photo completely cracks me up. All of the girls were in the kitchen, and all of the boys were watching football. If you look closely, my brother-in-law is actually asleep. Boys!

Elvis came back Thanksgiving night in a big way by setting up a rousing game of Skylanders in the middle of the night. He created all kinds of mischief in December before he had to leave again on Christmas Eve.


I cooked for some of my family members the Friday after Thanksgiving at my house. It was completely wild, but we all had a blast. We made the great-grandkids eat outside on the carport. It made clean up a lot easier. Especially since one of the kids spilled their entire plate on their lap. 

Brandon has been having a wonderful time in basketball and he has definitely mastered the free throw. He's one of the most consistent kids with his free throws. I guess it helps that he's super tall.  


Brandon is still obsessed with Sophie. In his letter to Santa, he only asked for toys for his dog. It was pretty priceless! He did get a gift card to go shopping for her for Christmas. He bought her a sweater, treats, and a toy.


We decorated our Christmas tree one week into December. Usually we do it right after Thanksgiving, but like I said... it's been pretty crazy here. Brandon thought it would be funny to make eyeballs with the ornaments.

Jordan was interviewed for a documentary about New Heights where she rides horses for therapy. She did an amazing job with the interview. I was also interviewed, and I had a total Ricky Bobby moment where I didn't know what to do with my hands. I'm praying that part doesn't make the final cut. Sheesh.


We went to Koop Drive to see Santa and the kids rode the rides. It was FREEZING and we only stayed about an hour because the girls had their first choir show the next day.

I volunteered backstage when the choir performed for the first time. I wheeled Jordan on the stage and then got some amazing shots behind the scenes. See the girls up on the big screen?

I sat front and center during the Sunday services and got another perspective. Jordan looked really nervous the whole time until she saw me, then she started grinning like crazy and waving. Alexis was too grown up for that but she did give me a little smile. 

If this video doesn't give you goosebumps... I don't know what will. Here's their performance of Little Drummer Boy on Sunday morning.


I took a photo of my divas in front of the big Christmas tree in the lobby before we left. Ronnie's parents, my cousin, and my grandparents made the trip to watch them sing.


We left the church and headed directly home to celebrate Alexis' 12th birthday with friends and family. I never get upset when I have a birthday, but knowing I have a 12 year old... THAT makes me feel old. She got a Barbie Volkswagon and an iPod. She's at the age where she's still a little girl about some things, but I can definitely see that she's growing up!

Brandon shaved for the first time the other day. He got a fake shaving kit when we went to the Families Helping Families Christmas breakfast, and he couldn't wait for his Daddy to teach him. 


My Mom had knee replacement surgery in December, and my grandparents are in the process of moving so my cousin Travis hosted our Christmas Eve celebration. I was asked to cook our traditional Christmas Eve gumbo that my grandpa usually cooks. I was nervous as all get out, but everyone loved it! 

Christmas morning here was very laid back. The kids were super thankful for everything they got, and everyone got along. It was a Christmas miracle! Sophie even got presents, but she wasn't awake enough to want to eat them yet. 


Alexis got her first American Girl doll named Ivy. It looks just like her! She got a kimono, pajamas, accessories, and earrings for Ivy as well. She was really thrilled as she's wanted an American Girl doll for a while now.


Brandon was thrilled with his 2DS. He was really bummed that he couldn't play 3DS games on his DSi, but the 2DS solves that. He climbed on Ronnie's lap and told him, "Thank you for working so hard for us Daddy!" It was pretty much the sweetest thing I've ever seen.

Jordan is completely obsessed with Sofia The First, so we got her a Royal Prep desk that she's played with constantly. She uses the locker to organize ALL of her Sofia The First stuff. I guess she takes after her Momma that way. I'm all about organization! 

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and that each of you have a blessed New Year!

5 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Awesome photos!! Looks like you have all been having a great time!! I loveeeeeee The Little Drummer Boy ... that is my all time FAVE Christmas song ... And Brookie LOVES Sofia the First too!!!!!!

Cindy Gay said...

Good job Jordan with the interview. Love the brother in law sleeping! Happy New Year!

Debbie P said...

Wow, the choir is awesome! I'm so impressed! What precious moments you captured in these photos. You are truly blessed my friend. Have an awesome New Year!

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

Looks like a wonderful holiday was had by all.

Cindy deRosier said...

Fantastic pictures! Lots of scrapping in your future. :)